Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Those of you expecting twins... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21561)

annes_cottage 07-11-2006 03:23 PM

Those of you expecting twins...
 
...how far along were you when you found out you were expecting twins? Did you have an early ultrasound that did not show twins? Did you find you felt you were carrying twins before an ultrasound confirmation? Were pregnancy symptoms earlier or stronger like with morning sickness? I am just curious. I had an ultrasound yesterday and my dr said she couldn't swear there was only one baby in there, is was still early. u/s said I was 6 weeks 3 days. Did she get my hopes up, I have always wanted twins. She has never said that to me before. Do you think she is suspicious but couldn't say for sure? What is funny is my 4 yr old dd has been telling me for a couple weeks that I have 2 babies in my tummy. 1 is a boy and 1 is a girl. She told me this before I told her we were having another baby. I did not tell the dr that, I just let the dr tell me unless I have a question....:headscratch: hmmm...What to you all think?? Share!! :giggle:

mom_of_3g_1b 07-11-2006 04:06 PM

Re: Those of you expecting twins...
 
I am not expecting twins but I did have triplets. My first U/S was 5 weeks and all you could see was a gestational sac. Two weeks later there was three babies. So it could be possible. Are you going to have another U/S to confirm if there is one or more babies?

1bigfamily 07-11-2006 04:17 PM

Re: Those of you expecting twins...
 
I had twins last October and my first US at 8 weeks showed a line across my uterus so we didn;t expect to find out it was twins as 20 weeks! I was much sicker than ever before. I puked for 5 months and was asleep everyday by 9:30 am after only being awake for 2-3 hours! By 4 months I couldn't even stand very long without feeling that 9 month heaviness and hurting. This pregnancy was nothing like the last 3, it was much harder altogether. About 1 month before we found out it was twins, I had even told my dh that I wasn't sure about having more bc it was getting so hard and if they were going to keep getting worse than that might be it for me. It turned out it wasn't my getting older at all, but having 2 that was doing me in! I would do it all over again too bc it would mean another double blessing. Do you hvae any other questions? I would be happy to answer any you have!

annes_cottage 07-11-2006 04:25 PM

Re: Those of you expecting twins...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mom_of_3g_1b
I am not expecting twins but I did have triplets. My first U/S was 5 weeks and all you could see was a gestational sac. Two weeks later there was three babies. So it could be possible. Are you going to have another U/S to confirm if there is one or more babies?

I go back to the dr on August 8th. She did not say if she was going to do another u/s that day or not. WOW!!! Triplets! Can I ask if these were natural triplets? Are they identical? They are adorable!!! That would be so awesome. How far did you carry them? I did have an u/s at 4 weeks 3 days when I was bleeding and thats all I could see also was the sac. This time we could see the sac and a baby and a heart beating. But where the baby was it was blurry like and being still not so far she couldn't get a real good picture or view. I just keep thinking about it now. I guess someday I will know, just wish it was sooner than later. :) Thank you !

mom_of_3g_1b 07-11-2006 06:24 PM

Re: Those of you expecting twins...
 
They are natural, fraternal triplets. I carried them to 32 weeks and had them by scheduled c-section because the membrane separtating two of them was so thin it couldn't be seen on U/S and they thought they shared a sac which is very dangerous for the babies.

Thank you they are my little dolls.

annes_cottage 07-11-2006 06:32 PM

Re: Those of you expecting twins...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mom_of_3g_1b
They are natural, fraternal triplets. I carried them to 32 weeks and had them by scheduled c-section because the membrane separtating two of them was so thin it couldn't be seen on U/S and they thought they shared a sac which is very dangerous for the babies.

Thank you they are my little dolls.

Wow! They are so beautiful!! What a blessing! You carried them far for triplets didn't you? They look alot alike in the pics. I bet they were quite a surprise! :loveit: I am so glad everything went well for you.

TwinKristi 07-11-2006 06:36 PM

Re: Those of you expecting twins...
 
I have twins and I found out at about 9wks at my first u/s for dating purposes. I know a few moms who've been told it was only 1 and it was 2... My neighbor had several u/s' but most on an older machine. She grew a whole bunch within a month and gained a bunch so they sent her in to the hospital for an u/s at 34 wks and she found out it was twins! She delivered like 10 days later on Leap Day! My other friend is TINY TINY when she's pregnant, at 9 mos she looked like I did at 5 mos! She found out she was having twins at her 20 wks u/s and had hyperemisis with all her pregnancies so she couldn't say whether it was worse with the twins or not. Like a PP said, early u/s' can't really see everything yet. I had several in the beginning of my last pregnancy b/c I had an IUD (which expelled without me knowing) and they wanted to make sure it wasn't in there w/ baby or a tubal pregnancy. I was about 4wks3dys and all they could see was the gestational & yolk sacs. 2 wks later there was a little baby w/ his heart beating away! I'd keep on them about whether its twins or not! The MW who did my u/s at 6wks said she couldn't promise me it wasn't twins again either! At 8wks my OB confirmed it was one baby! PHEW!! Good luck!!

quarli 07-11-2006 06:39 PM

Re: Those of you expecting twins...
 
I knew at 6 weeks that I was having twins. There was no denying that there was 2 babies in there at that time. I did have severe nasua, but never once puked. I was extremly tired too. My prengnacy symptoms started even before I tested but I had done Clomid that month so I was feeling funky anyways.

I know alot of moms who have only seen one baby the first ultrasound to later find out there was 2!!

Twins are an awesome blessing. My 4yr old was originally a twin, and I used to think there was no way I couldve handled 2 of him, but now having the boys I see that it really isnt that much harder, just a little more love to go around, and few more extra messes to clean up :)

annes_cottage 07-12-2006 10:09 AM

Re: Those of you expecting twins...
 
ooops, double post! sorry

annes_cottage 07-12-2006 10:09 AM

Re: Those of you expecting twins...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwinKristi
I have twins and I found out at about 9wks at my first u/s for dating purposes. I know a few moms who've been told it was only 1 and it was 2... My neighbor had several u/s' but most on an older machine. She grew a whole bunch within a month and gained a bunch so they sent her in to the hospital for an u/s at 34 wks and she found out it was twins! She delivered like 10 days later on Leap Day! My other friend is TINY TINY when she's pregnant, at 9 mos she looked like I did at 5 mos! She found out she was having twins at her 20 wks u/s and had hyperemisis with all her pregnancies so she couldn't say whether it was worse with the twins or not. Like a PP said, early u/s' can't really see everything yet. I had several in the beginning of my last pregnancy b/c I had an IUD (which expelled without me knowing) and they wanted to make sure it wasn't in there w/ baby or a tubal pregnancy. I was about 4wks3dys and all they could see was the gestational & yolk sacs. 2 wks later there was a little baby w/ his heart beating away! I'd keep on them about whether its twins or not! The MW who did my u/s at 6wks said she couldn't promise me it wasn't twins again either! At 8wks my OB confirmed it was one baby! PHEW!! Good luck!!


wow! Alot of you had twins! Were you all drinking from the same well!?! :laugh: LOL JK, that is neat!

I am not sure when I will have another U/S but I can barely wait. If I am I will be so excited, and if not I will be too. Either is fine, it is just the not knowing that is driving me crazy:giggle: !!!


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors