Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Thrifty Families (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   25 ways to reduce your water bill (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=217434)

CrunchyMama0607 09-01-2007 07:31 PM

25 ways to reduce your water bill

http://www.thriftymommy.com/frugal-f...ur-water-bill/

:thumbsup:

Amberjoe_1 09-01-2007 07:46 PM

Re: 25 ways to reduce your water bill

:thumbsup: hey just what I need!

TNEarthMama 09-01-2007 08:42 PM

Great...

Hum but it says nothing about kicking the moochers that I have living with me that dont help pay that water bill.... 30 more day 30 more day.. I keep reminding my self we are helping my aunt out... 30 more days... she will be moved out, and gone to another state..... 30 more days.. LOL I have to keep saying that, so I feel better about having a large water bill LOL

Marielblewis 09-02-2007 04:06 AM

One thing I have started doing is turning the hot water down during the day. Our hot water heater is in our garage and is easy to reach. I turn it up around 6pm for nighttime baths and leave it on until 8am for mornign baths. I am sure to wash diapers during that time. I have saved about 25% of the gas bill doing this and it's pretty easy to do. I could save lots more if I could get everyone to shower at night, but no such luck.

kimmyjling 09-02-2007 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taranbabyjayden (Post 1697373)
Great...

Hum but it says nothing about kicking the moochers that I have living with me that dont help pay that water bill.... 30 more day 30 more day.. I keep reminding my self we are helping my aunt out... 30 more days... she will be moved out, and gone to another state..... 30 more days.. LOL I have to keep saying that, so I feel better about having a large water bill LOL

OH, I have SOOOO been there with a SIL!
(((HUGS))) and even bigger (((HUGS)))

Great tips! Thanks! Your posts have been soooo great!

Amberjoe_1 09-02-2007 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marielblewis (Post 1698333)
One thing I have started doing is turning the hot water down during the day. Our hot water heater is in our garage and is easy to reach. I turn it up around 6pm for nighttime baths and leave it on until 8am for mornign baths. I am sure to wash diapers during that time. I have saved about 25% of the gas bill doing this and it's pretty easy to do. I could save lots more if I could get everyone to shower at night, but no such luck.

You could get a timer for this, I don't know if you've considered it..it sounds like what your doing is pretty easy for you though. :thumbsup:

CrunchyMama0607 09-02-2007 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by taranbabyjayden (Post 1697373)
Great...

oooooooh that sucks! :hugs: big hugs!!

kimmyjling 09-11-2007 03:13 PM

Some others I forgot about that we have here: (forgive me if its repeats)
~Airator faucets and reduced flow nozzles on the showers and sinks. The kitchen sink has a turnoff valve right on the faucet-so you dont have to mess with the temp everytime you want to shut it off for a second. (Duke Power sent us these in an energy conservation kit)
~Fill 2 sports water bottles and sink them in your toilet tank. It displaces that much water at each flush. Need I remind, "If its yellow, let it mellow-its its brown, flush it down" (or if you are my son, don't :banghead: )
~Use a cup to rinse your mouth when brushing your teeth, and obviously shut it off while you brush.
~Extremes, military showers. I dont do this because my shower time is sooo precious, but you can turn on and off between soap and shampoo and rinse..etc...

CrunchyMama0607 09-11-2007 03:19 PM

good tips, momma!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Drearina 09-11-2007 04:42 PM

I keep telling DH that if he didn't take 25 minute showers every morning our gas bill would go down. :banghead: 25 MINUTES what does he even do in there that long?!