Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   "Mommy, your tummy is really getting bigger!" (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2179)

bethanyjoy 04-28-2006 05:23 PM

"Mommy, your tummy is really getting bigger!"

:spit:

Leave it to kids to state the obvious! Heh. The sad thing is, I'm looking at LEAST a month further along than I really am!! :rolleyes:

Oh well...it's all for a good cause, right?

Carrie 04-28-2006 05:51 PM

Re: "Mommy, your tummy is really getting bigger!"

Hmm, Bethany, have you had an ultrasound yet? I say this because I had the bloating really bad and looked further along, and found out at 18 weeks it was twins. And didn't you say morning sickness was worse this time, and you have twin sisters, right? I'm just wondering...not trying to scare you though!

wbkt8 04-28-2006 05:54 PM

:giggle: that is pretty funny bethany. yikes on the twin suggestion....i wouldn't know but eek!

Shannon 04-28-2006 06:03 PM

I wanna see a pic!!!

One of my teenage coworkers was like "Oh your starting to show" and I'm like...."Um no, I'm not...thats my chub, but thanks." I'm only 8 weeks...come on.

bethanyjoy 04-28-2006 06:15 PM

Carrie - I can't believe you said twins! LOL I keep having dreams of twins. Seirously. And I've been feeling EVERYTHING early this time, kwim? Had implantation cramping a couple dpo that I've never had before, started feeling woozy before I got a BFP.

I've been trying to tell myself it's just one...it's my third, so hey, the muscles are just stretched out....:smiley_haha:

But I seriously do wonder about the twins...I do have twin sisters, and apparently there's twins on DH's side of the family as well, although not in the last generation.

Hmm...guess I get to wait until my 20 week ultrasound to find out...June 14th is the day for that...that's a loooooooong wait. :lostit:

MamaLove 04-28-2006 06:19 PM

I've heard that twin come every other generation in some families. Good luck and congrats!

Shannon 04-28-2006 06:19 PM

Does your DR not have an US machine in the office? My last one did and did a U/s at nine weeks because she said it was too early to hear the heartbeat...so we could determine that there was only one baby in there. Maybe if you tell them you suspect twins they would do a little more looking.

bethanyjoy 04-28-2006 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shannon
Does your DR not have an US machine in the office? My last one did and did a U/s at nine weeks because she said it was too early to hear the heartbeat...so we could determine that there was only one baby in there. Maybe if you tell them you suspect twins they would do a little more looking.

I have midwives, and tend to choose a minimum of medical stuff...I had the option of a 10 week ultrasound as part of a genetic screening but opted not to, I usually just get the 20 week one...

...I think I'll see what the MW says at my next appt (May 16th). If it's twins, I'd probably be measuring large by then, it would be about 16 weeks...

...man, now the wheels are spinning in my head! LOL When she listened to the heartbeat last appt, she was getting 160's, then 140's, so she listened again and did a manual count, it was 160's...she thought it was just her machine, but now I'm wondering...:headscratch: :lostit:

Carrie 04-28-2006 07:02 PM

I had midwives, too. They were totally low key and my insurance was only going to pay for the "big" ultrasound. About a week before it, I was at the midwife's and I expressed concerns about weight gain. I had gained 8 lbs. in weeks 14-18! She did ask if twins ran in the family but didn't say anything else. Maybe next time you can convince the midwife to try for a second heartbeat. It's something that can usually be found if they're looking for it, but not usually on accident, KWIM? I have to say the 140's and then 160's thing is a bit suspicious. It *probably* isn't twins, just based on the odds, but if you have a family history but other signs it is more likely. Either way it will be fine. The newborn period is harder with twins but other than that it is great!

Carrie 04-28-2006 07:07 PM

I didn't see your second post--whoops! I began to have a "feeling" it was twins at about 16 weeks, when I first began to feel movement. I have never been pregnant other than that, so I didn't have anything to compare to. I think if I had some basis for comparison I would have suspected sooner. Twin dreams are a good sign, as well as having a hunch about it :).