Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   DH is scared of CDing! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21843)

Heatherdoodle 07-12-2006 03:22 PM

DH is scared of CDing!

We are due to have baby #4 in a coulpe of motnhs and have decided to CD, however, Dh is scared that he is not going to et it right. I have purchased several diffrent types of Diapers to see waht works best for us and he is afraid he is going to mess it up like putting the wronf type of dipe on the baby not knowing which is which. I am no help to him becasue I am still learning myself. Does anyone have any helpful advice on how to ease his worries?

CheaperByTheDozen 07-12-2006 03:34 PM

Re: DH is scared of CDing!

My dh is scared of cloth... well I mean he was.. until he started to read how sposies COULD effect his sons... NO WAY where they to be on his dcs bottoms. He wants grandchildren. LOL! Strong motivator!

travelinmom 07-12-2006 03:44 PM

Practice makes perfect. Have him try them out on a doll or teddy bear. Didn't help much in our case since dh just started to put on cd and our ds is 13 months. But if he's willing to do it then practice can help alieviate his fears

Heatherdoodle 07-12-2006 03:48 PM

Thank you ladies. I guess he is most scared becasue he doesn't know the diffrence between the diffrent dipes, like AI1's and fitted and covers and inserts and pockets. I guess when I put them away I will jsut have to label them so he knows the diffrence. LOL Thanks again :thumbsup:

Hillbilly Bunny 07-12-2006 06:40 PM

Why don't you ask him what he thinks he would like the best? If AIOs are easier for him, then you can buy those for when he will change the baby. So buy a stash of AIOs just for him to use ;)

MamaMegan 07-12-2006 06:59 PM

We just started -- on our 3 month old daughter and 2.5 year old son. Once my husband saw how easy the pockets and fitted/covers were he started reaching for those! I had planned on going the cheapest route with perfolds but he's insisting that we must have more FB and BG.

:) And this was the man who initially said never, never, never when I brought it up first.

SoftBumBaby 07-12-2006 07:07 PM

No useful advice to add, since a lot of it has already been given here, but I just wanted to say I feel your pain--my DH hasn't even TOUCHED the whole CD thing. I showed him but he still seems to think there must be some hidden difficulty in there. :hehe2:

Sarah 07-12-2006 07:17 PM

In our house my hubby has "his"dipes and I have mine. He prefers fitteds and covers,I like pfs and wool.
So there isn't really a way for him to get too confused anymore. When he changes Taci he puts the fitteds on her.

Prettylocks 07-12-2006 07:21 PM

He'll do fine! It helps some people to think of it like this- you'll need it to be absorbant and waterproof. All-in-ones work like a disposable and are both absorbant and waterproof. Pockets are waterproof and need an insert to be absorbant. Fitteds and prefolds are absorbant and need a cover to be waterproof. HTH :) Oh, and the waterproof part ALWAYS goes on the outside :giggle:

twinsmomkatie 07-12-2006 08:03 PM

We have "his" and "my" diapers, too - I always make sure there are some stuffed pockets in "his" diaper stacker (that came with the really cute crib set for DS). They are exactly the same as sposies, to put on, and all the prefolds and coveres and wool and fitteds are "mine" and stay on a different shelf. :) (I stay home, so I do 99% of the diapers anyway.) Pre-stuffed pockets have been very easy for our church nursery workers to get used to, too - most of the women are amazed at how easy it is to use cloth.

That said, what's the worst thing that can happen if he DOES do it wrong? He'll get pooped on! I'm guessing that if this is #4, that's already happened at LEAST once, and he's lived through it . . .

Speaking from experience, I prefer poop to puke. :)

Katie