Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What brand for newborns? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21903)

homeschoolingmama 07-12-2006 07:10 PM

What brand for newborns?

I didn't start cd'ing until my 2nd was almost 6 mos, the diapers (brands) that worked great when she was 6 mos did not work great by the time she was 18mos so it was like starting all over for something that would work..... I don't even know where to start looking for nb stuff...... I do not do pf's though... (well, I used them to stuff pockets!!).....

Thanks!

monkeytoesmama 07-12-2006 07:53 PM

Re: What brand for newborns?

These fit well and had good resale value:

Nanipoos nb - my fave!
Muttaqins nb - a little expensive but they fit a bit longer than others
Kissaluvs size 0
Motherease x-small Sandies

Prettylocks 07-12-2006 07:56 PM

Kissaluvs size 0 fit great from birth to 15 lbs for us! The material really helps to catch that runny nb bf poo! No leaks out of those for us. We liked bsww with them.

blondeviolin 07-12-2006 08:12 PM

We use xsmall FBs...and sometimes bumgenius.

mamato3 07-12-2006 08:17 PM

I made fitteds using the vb pattern and those fit awesome

Emma 07-13-2006 01:08 AM

Fitted Mutts work the best for us, followed by Swaddlebees OV fitteds. I have KL0s as well, but I've noticed they're not as absorbant.

cblurose 07-13-2006 03:33 AM

I would suggest proraps or some gusset type cover to catch the explosive poo. :yuck: Can't help you with the other part cause all I use are prefolds. :giggle:

CheaperByTheDozen 07-13-2006 05:15 AM

I used bummis for covers with my last baby. I hated proraps. They were way to big. Everyone told me to skip newborn. BIG mistake. Small were gigantic! This time around... I am set with 7 newborn covers. I use prefolds though... I hate pockets and AIOs on newborns. They leak like crazy... I have a few small fitteds though... I LOVE OV mutts.:thumbsup:

mommy2maya 07-13-2006 06:20 AM

I like prefolds & proraps for newborns, it is cheap, you can have a ton for the poop every ten minutes stage and not be out a ton of money. Proraps are great at preventing blowouts. I really like the newborn and small size, but ime, when you outgrow the smalls, the mediums are still pretty big- until you switch from infant prefolds to regular or premiums, then the fit is fine.

bfoster2000 07-13-2006 08:13 AM

I'll know more next week but I've been told that Pattynaps NB basics are good and inexpensive (www.pattynaps.com). Also www.clothdiaperexchange.com has some WAHM made NB/Sm fitteds for $3-5 right now and she offers free shipping for DS mamas (PM kkweight for the code...I can't remember it off the top of my head).

I've just been watching the FSOT boards and snatching up this and that as it comes available so I have quite a variety but I haven't spent a fortune. Good luck!