Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   What do you guys think? **loss mentioned** (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22000)

juliemom23 07-13-2006 06:56 AM

What do you guys think? **loss mentioned**

I am wondering about my cycle a little bit more this month and I would like your opinion. Here's a little history. Got pregnant with dd#1 without even trying and got pregnant with ds after 1 month of trying. We thought we were pretty fertile, but after ds we experienced secondery IF (due to unexplained??) for 3.5 years. We got pregnant with dd#2 via invitro fertilization. We pretty much assumed we could no longer get pregnant on our own again. When dd was 5 1/2 months old (2 1/2 months ago) I had to have surgery for an ectopic pregnancy. Our OB said normally fertile people have less than 5% chance of getting pregnant before 6 months while EBF, but we did.

Now we have no clue if we are really even "fertile" again. We really want another child or two, so a pregnancy would be very welcome. We have used protection up until this month the recover from our ectopic. Normally my cycles are 28 days apart (usually even while breastfeeding), but it was only 26 days between my last cycle and this cycle (since breastfeeding it has been as long as 30 days).

So, that brings me to this cycle. My actual period this cycle lasted longer than any period I have had, like 8 days (this was my second "normal" period since the ectopic). It was pretty light toward the end though. I had an HSG done on day 11 to check and see what my tubes look like. An HSG shoots dye through your tubes and x-rays it to see it they are open, damaged, whatever. It showed they are open btw (yeah!). Anyways, we had that on day 11, I spotted for 2 or 3 days and then we resumed normal relations without protection. We probably DTD 3 or 4 times following the spotting, that following week. I am pretty sure I ovulated, but it wasn't completely obvious (like it sometimes is). Although lack of ovulation had never been a problem.

So, here I am at 28 days and wondering a little bit. We weren't really trying or anything. But for the last 3 nights I have been sleeping very poorly and literally getting up every 2 hours to pee. These are usually my first pregnancy signs. I am wondering if it would be even possible to have those kinds of signs this early. Realistically it was probably day 14 or 15 before we DTD and normally I've ovulated by then. But with my period running late and the HSG messing things up a bit, I am wondering if I didn't ovulate a little later than normal. If I did that how could I be experiencing symptoms already?

So please give me your expertise. Dh and I are prepared for never being pregnant again, so it's not like this has to be, but the sleeping/peeing thingy has me very curious. What do you guys think. Oh, btw we are still breastfeeding and pretty exclusively in the last week and a half due to working out a potential allergy kink. Just wanted to throw that out there!

THank you, thank you for following my book!

Julie

Kimmomy2dom 07-13-2006 07:43 AM

Re: What do you guys think? **loss mentioned**

Well any cycle can get thrown off to the point that you O "late", so it's very possible. Add in the ectopic on that and your body is still regulating itself. What cycle day are you on? Is it time to test yet? I know you said you were getting symptoms early, but I'm not exactly sure how early this is, LOL. Anyway, I would say anything is possible - especially if you're feeling symptoms and don't think they're phantom symptoms. I got those every month when I was ttc where I would feel like I was pg but I wasn't. Good luck! I hope everything turns out great for you!

juliemom23 07-13-2006 08:54 AM

Kim, thanks for your reply! Right now I am on cycle day 28. In a very normal cycle I would be starting my period right now. I have never gone longer than 30 days in any given cycle. Do you think it would be too early to test? I mean maybe things are just a little delayed due to a possible late ovulation? Ya think?

Julie

skayers01 07-13-2006 12:24 PM

This is my own little thing I do, but if I think I'm pregnant, I wait as long as I can stand it to take a test. Whenever I've been suspicious, and let myself get excited and take a test, it always says neg. and I get my period later that day! So, WAIT!

hfitz5051 07-14-2006 06:44 AM

I am the opposite and start testing as soon as I suspect. This time I was testing before af was due because I just "knew" I was pregnant. Get some cheap dollar store test, or walmart then you have them on hand. I tested about every day until I got a faint + then again to make sure lol.

wbkt8 07-14-2006 06:53 AM

well we didn't have all the additional complications that you've had, but i had a cycle a couple months ago where i was late and tested and it was negative. then this cycle i was a little late, but i also had some other symptoms that reminded me of the last time i was pg (mild cramps but af doesn't show up, etc.) plus dd seemed to be nursing differently - so i waited until i was really sure that i was late and tested - positive.

i think if you're on cd28 and you'd normally have af by now (with the exception of an odd cycle here and there) i would definitely test.