Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Question for anyone who has a doppler - UPDATE!! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220225)

MelDM 09-05-2007 08:21 PM

Question for anyone who has a doppler - UPDATE!!

I decided to buy a doppler and I got it today! How exciting!! Except I promised myself if I couldn't find the hb I wouldn't freak out. (I haven't heard it at all yet at dr's, I'm 12 weeks tomorrow) Well guess what... I couldn't find it, and I'm a bit worried. I know, i know! I shouldn't be, but what can you do. So for anyone who has used one themselves, do you have any tips or tricks for me?!?

UPDATE - Well we still haven't heard anything on our doppler, but we did go in for an US yesterday and all is well!!! Had a healthy heartrate of 173 BPM and is growing just perfectly! That took a huge weight off of my shoulders!!

nothing_butt_cloth 09-05-2007 08:23 PM

Re: Question for anyone who has a doppler

I would say LOTS of gel ( i used alovera) and oint it low into your pelvis. I had it just above my pubic bone and pointed it down.

I hth, Oh and i had to push pretty hard until about 13-14 weeks

MelDM 09-05-2007 08:25 PM

Thanks Melissa! Maybe I haven't been using enough gel. I have been pushing pretty hard though. But then I eased up, because I thought maybe it was too hard! :giggle:

etsdtm99 09-05-2007 08:28 PM

w/ DD the nurse always had trouble finding her HB early on because she was looking tOO low - not the norm, but they eventually found it by putting ht doppler up under my belly button and pointing down.. so .. if i were you i'd just 'look' everywhere! and don't panic, its still pretty hard to find at that stage.. the baby is still very small! where did you get your doppler and how much was it? i'm thinking of getting one..

MommytoJandS 09-05-2007 08:30 PM

I have a Hi-Bebe doppler, which is a pretty decent one, and I couldn't find the heartbeat on my own until close to 16 weeks. I wouldn't worry about it, even the doctor's office couldn't find my babes hb with the hand held doppler until 14 weeks.

MelDM 09-05-2007 08:32 PM

Staci - I thought of that, but didn't spend that much time higher up. Maybe that's why I couldn't find it. I have an US on Friday thank goodness. I think I'd be losing my mind otherwise! I bought mine from hi bebe. It cost $160 CDN. If you go to hibebe.ca you should see them. I've heard great things about them, my friend bought one and found the hb right away at 10 weeks.

MelDM 09-05-2007 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnathan'sMommy (Post 1718687)
I have a Hi-Bebe doppler, which is a pretty decent one, and I couldn't find the heartbeat on my own until close to 16 weeks. I wouldn't worry about it, even the doctor's office couldn't find my babes hb with the hand held doppler until 14 weeks.

We posted at the same time! Thanks, that makes me feel better. We have the same doppler! I guess the thing that worries me is the dr. found DD's heartbeat at 10w3d, so I just expected I would find this one's as well.

autumnlily 09-05-2007 10:09 PM

I used Aloe Vera gel too! So much cheaper and just as effective.

Use tons.

I actually had to point my doppler straight towards my back to hear my DD AND she was often found below the pubic hair line. Don't be afraid to travel around and don't move too quickly. Good luck! Have fun at your ultrasound.

amegrl520 09-06-2007 06:50 AM

I'm 11w and also using the Bebe doppler and I still haven't found mine. I hear it also helps to have a FULL bladder.

JnSAlger 09-06-2007 08:37 AM

depending on your placenta too depends on how early you can hear it. If it is attached to the front of you, you have more cushion to listen through. DS was sitting on my right side under the pubic at 12 weeks.