Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   My friday appt was rescheduled:( (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=220553)

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 09-06-2007 10:31 AM

My friday appt was rescheduled:(

This totally sucks, i look foward to my prenatal appointments, well yesterday mrning i get a call form the office, the mw i'm to see will not be available friday so they need to reschedule me:banghead:
i tell the receptionist, can't i see someone else? they tried to do this to me at my last appt 2 weeks ago and i got to see someone else, since i'm having a cv/s, IMO it should matter who i see, none of these people will be delivering my baby anyway! it will be the dr, so i think they should just let me see someone else.
she goes on to tell me know, they are overbooked so i can come in monday afternoon instead, sounds fine i guess BUT now this means i am missing a full weeks appt, i am sooo not happy!
i have like 20 days left of this pregnancy, why the heck would they reschedule someone this far along, if theyre overbooked they should reschedule the ones who are early on or barely pregnant or something better than this crap! no offense to those of you who are barely pg or half ways through,i'm not saying you all aren't just as important, i just don't see why they would reschedule anyone who is at the end opf the pregnancy already:(
I have questions i wanted to go over with the dr, the suden feet swelling i got the other day that lasted only a few hours and was mysteriously gone, i have no idea what that was about but it hasn't come back. i have been having low pelvic pains again, i can barely stand when i wake up in the morning, i have a hard tome getting out of bed, my pelvic bones crack like when someone is popping their knuckles, this can't be normal, my tailbone is still giving me problems and cracks like crazy! this baby somehow is able to smash down my lungs and diaphram and this hurts really badly and it blocks my lungs from expanding and i can't breath! this happens a few times a day, i knwo this isn't normal, there are just so many things i want to talk about and now i have to just wait this whole weekend until monday AFTERNOON! i am still upset about this:banghead:
why can't places me more considerate and ask if this would be ok with you, i still don't get why they would reschedule someone who is so far along?
i'll be 36 weeks tomorrow, so i only have 2 appts left, this just sucks and i'm not happy:(

mengmommy 09-06-2007 10:54 AM

Re: My friday appt was rescheduled:(

I'm sorry. It sounds pretty ridiculous to me to reschedule you at this point in the game too. Your pelvic pain might be from your pubic bone spreading. Mine didn't do that so much with ds that I remember, but BOY did it hurt with dd. I still can't push things with my feet, it hurts and I don't have the strength to do it. I can't remember what its called, but you are not alone. I hope you get some answers for your other queries soon!

WonderMom 09-06-2007 11:02 AM

:banghead: that would really make me mad to mama

i would have definitley let her know what i thought before getting off that phoen regardless if it got me a quicker appt.

letting her know its not fair your so far along and having problems you need to speak to any doctor about you can get in with, they need to reschedules someone elses appt thats not having anything majorly done!

ESPECIALLY IF THEY TRIED TO DO IT LAST TIME!

no one is considerate anymore this day in age remember that! its few far and in between before thankfully for the considerate people that are out there!

Bunny 09-06-2007 11:02 AM

I'm sorry. :hugs: They really should have resceduled someone who isn't as far along as you are. (Or maybe not overbook in the first place, but that's my own rant). Is there anyway to get an RN on the phone at the office? At mine, each doctor has their own nurse that you can call and talk to if you can't get into the office. I hope the next few days fly by for you :goodvibes:

hobbsandbean 09-06-2007 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mengmommy (Post 1721628)
I'm sorry. It sounds pretty ridiculous to me to reschedule you at this point in the game too. Your pelvic pain might be from your pubic bone spreading. Mine didn't do that so much with ds that I remember, but BOY did it hurt with dd. I still can't push things with my feet, it hurts and I don't have the strength to do it. I can't remember what its called, but you are not alone. I hope you get some answers for your other queries soon!

Yes, I had that too! only with my son - it was HORRIBLE. I was fine as long as I kept my weight evenly on both feet...yeah, so no walking. :giggle: Oh, and then when the doctor would measure my belly and push on my pubic bone - OWWWWWWW! :banghead:

Anyway, mine got a lot better a few months after delivery, but I think it helped that I did a lot of core muscle work - helps to keep things tighter, you know?

I hope those dumb doctors let you in! That's so annoying!

Tahaacke 09-06-2007 11:40 AM

I can't believe they called to reschedule you! I had a similar experience earlier today so i know how you feel. I also agree that since you are close to the end they should reschedule some one else, only because most see the dr/midwife every month (in the beginning) so why not reschedule them for a few more day? No offense to anyone.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 09-06-2007 11:41 AM

Thanks mamas, i didn't think i was overreacting:goodvibes:

ChurchPunkMom 09-06-2007 12:33 PM

No, definitely not! There's a reason that they see us so much more often as we get close to the end and only every 4wks in the beginning. They shouldn't keep pushing you back like that.:hugs:

If it's any comfort, the popping and cracking of your pelvic and pubic bones is normal. I can't remember if I first experienced it in my second or third pregnancy, but it is normal. With all the relaxin (hormone) in your system at the end of pregnancy, you're quite likely to hear pops and cracks everytime you move.

CrunchyMama0607 09-06-2007 12:35 PM

BIG HUGS momma! I'd be annoyed too!!! :hugs:

JnSAlger 09-06-2007 01:17 PM

I'm hoping mine calls for an earlier appointment tomorrow...She has done that but not cancelled.

I agree waiting 2 days for someone in the beginning as opposed to the end isn't a big deal...when you go every 7 days it is a HUGE deal.

As for the swelling, pelvic separation, lungs...you just named all 4 of my pregnancies and umm yeah it is normal...sounds like DS is wanting to be born the natural way with his head engaged and ready to go. Hang in there...although I would have fought with the office about there is no other time.