Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Do you fear going into labor too early? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221286)

Fither 09-07-2007 09:43 AM

Do you fear going into labor too early?

because i do :(

my water broke with a huge gush when i was 36 w 1 day with my first and i think the shock of that has me worried that it can happen again this time. i'm only 29 weeks so i know i shouldn't be worried about this yet, but i am!

my son was eight pounds, had no problems breathing or anything as a result of being early, but i just fear going TOO early. like some days, when my body is just SO exhausted, i feel like it's just going to give in. my new mantra has been "my body knows what it's doing, my body knows what it's doing...."

MommyMommyMommy 09-07-2007 09:45 AM

Re: Do you fear going into labor too early?

:hugs: There was not anything that I DIDN'T fear during pregnancy but I'm kind of a stress monster normally (pregnancy just enhances it). Just keep repeating your mantra and know that all will be well. :hugs:

Delaney21 09-07-2007 09:46 AM

I definitely felt that way, but I was on bedrest from about 32 weeks because I was already dilating. I had my appt at 36 weeks and the doctor said it was safe to go into labor at that point, so I ended up going into labor that weekend. I think my mind played a big role in keeping him in there until he was ready, as corny as that sounds!

Heather8183 09-07-2007 09:46 AM

I think the main thing is to stay calm. Worrying is not going to help at all. And your body is going to do what it's going to do, it's not like the more you worry, the less the chances of it happening, KWIM? Besides that, I know I've never had a preemie or anything and I really really do not want to sound insensitive, bc I could never go through what some of these mommas have, but the medical profession is so advanced now, your baby has the most excellent chance of survival. Sorry I'm not more help. :hugs:

rachaeljohnson 09-07-2007 11:28 AM

worries me every day!!

amy_mendelblatt 09-07-2007 11:54 AM

Definitely

carrying twins and very petite. I am 18-19 weeks now, and already huge. I wonder how much bigger I'll get and when my body will decide that its had enough.

-Amy

MamaToBe84 09-07-2007 11:57 AM

i worry about it mostly because my mom had me at who knows how many weeks (i was 4#) and my sister at 34 weeks (3#, but she stopped growing at like 30 weeks, maybe?)

but i think my mom had IUGR, so hopefully i shouldnt have a problem.

ChurchPunkMom 09-07-2007 12:23 PM

Is it possible your dates were off last time? From the sound of it, he may have been due earlier. ;)

Anyhow, if it's any comfort, make sure you're getting lots of Vitamin C - that can help strengthen your membranes.:goodvibes:

Mickiswing 09-07-2007 12:39 PM

I've had anxiety about it the whole pregnancy. I went into PTL last time at 28 weeks, but ended up making it full term. However, I've had problems much earlier this time and it definitely worries me. I haven't figured out how to stop worrying about it, but I'm doing everything I can to have a safe and healthy pregnancy. That's all I have control over, ya know?

De-lovely 09-07-2007 12:42 PM

I had 2 early babes outta three and both had a NICU stay...my second DD, I had to come home without her :cry: ....this time around I have really been watching over exerting myself and I also have been put on weekly progestrone shots to hopefully prevent that from happening....once I got past the REALLY fragile phase I have been a touch calmer so I am pretty confident that even if Cora came early we would tough it out and she would be wonderful....hugs to all my fellow worriers.:hugs: