Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   ok, lay on your + preemie stories! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221666)

ZooCrew10 09-07-2007 06:39 PM

ok, lay on your + preemie stories!

Needing some positive stories to boost me here! Anything under 36 weeks!

(contracting, cervix is shortening, previa, you name it....confirmed anterior placenta, possible hysterectomy....totally scared sh#tless to have this child, I need some positive vibes!)

Lay it on me!! :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

MamaToBe84 09-07-2007 06:52 PM

Re: ok, lay on your + preemie stories!

my mom went into labor with my baby sister at 24 weeks due to a gallbladder attack. they were able to stop the labor and gave my sis steroids. Well at 34 weeks (she stopped growing at like 30 weeks, i think?) my mom had her, and she is JUST fine now!!!

she caught up really quick, and shes soooo smart (contrary to some popular-ish belief that preemies can be "slow" which is stupid) and in fact just got invited by her public school to start learning Latin-- in 4th grade!

sorry its not a personal experience.. i was 14 when she was born, and i was right there with my mom, except i didnt do the actual birth part, lol.

Mommy2Cadence 09-07-2007 06:56 PM

My newphew was born at 25 weeks and they were unable to stop labor. He was 1lb 9oz and now is a healthy 2 year old with no major problems.

todzwife 09-07-2007 07:10 PM

DD was a 34 weeker. My water broke and DH wasn't home. I didn't know anyone and I was SO scared. She was born w/ an apgar of 2 but is now a very healthy, vibrant, defiant, talkative (albeit tiny) 20 month old.

iamhere77 09-07-2007 07:12 PM

A friend of mine had her baby boy at 34 weeks via c-section. he was in nicu for a bit but now is a healty one year old boy! he was just over 5lbs-pretty big for 34 weeks. He didn't nurse for the first couple days, i think, but he caught on fast once he did.
i'm sorry it's been so rough on you! i'm praying for you and your lo! i hope everything turns out well:hugs:

Irishmommy 09-07-2007 07:15 PM

My sil went into labor at 23 weeks and were able to stop it for a few days. She delivered at 24 weeks, my neice who was born at 1 lb 2 oz. She has no major health problems and is a spunky 1.5 year old!!

LunaBirch 09-07-2007 07:28 PM

I have 2 bio kids.. and both were preemies.. both born completely healthy and fully developed, and both were at home within 3 days of birth.

My son was born at 35 weeks 3 days due to preterm labor and a placental abruption. I went into labor at 35 weeks even but held out for 3 days.. he weighed a whopping 7 lbs and was 20 inches. He had some feeding issues and wasnt able to nurse becasue he couldnt latch/suck.. he has some speech delays as well, but they dont think its related to his prematurity.

My daughter was born at 34 weeks 1 day due to preterm labor. I went into labor at 33 weeks and was hospitalized, given steroids, and put on nifedipine to stop contractions. They stopped the nifedipine at 34 weeks even and she came the next day. She was 5 lbs 9 ozs, 18.5 inches and did great. They took her to NICU becasue she was under 35 weeks, but released her after 3 days because they had no reason to keep her. She nursed like a champ from the beginning and at 8.5 months she seems completely on target with where she should be for her age :)

How far along are you mama?

etsdtm99 09-07-2007 07:47 PM

I don't know the end of this one yet - but i have a friend who had twin girls at 28 weeks almost a month ago (they were due nov 1st) - they were 2lb9oz and 2lb14oz - they are still in the NICU but are doing GREAT - both were off ventilators by 24 hours (w/ no steroids for their lungs) they are just in the NICU to gain weight and learn to eat from a bottle/breast ..

I also had a friend who had a baby at 36 weeks who had stopped growing at 32 weeks - he was 4lbs 2oz in the nicu for 10 days and on day 6 or so he went straight from a feeding tube to the breast! he is now 5 months old and is doing great!

everything is going to be fine! :hugs:

eta- i forgot about my BIL! he was born around 28 weeks in 1981 - he was due in november and born in august weighing around 2lbs .. plus MIL was in the hospital for a month before he was born because her water broke around 24 weeks .. he is a perfectly healthy (6'2" 200lb) 26 yr old now!

teachermama 09-07-2007 07:51 PM

I was born at 34 weeks, one sister at 35 weeks, another at 36 weeks and the youngest was born at 32 weeks and was dead. All of us are alive, well and successful. Only two of us spent time in a NICU. I also have a friend who just delivered a healthy 4 lb. 11 oz. baby girl three weeks ago via c-section at 33 weeks. She wasn't due until October. The baby is doing well (just needed a bit of help with breathing because she was breathing too fast) and she is eating like a champ (nursing too!:thumbsup: ) She was due to come home after only two weeks in the NICU. Hugs to you and prayers for a safe delivery.

redneckdiapers 09-07-2007 07:59 PM

well my 13 yr old was born at 35 weeks and went home with us three days after he was born......weighing 5 lbs 1 oz........But we weren't so lucky with his older brother. He was 24 weeks and 1 lb 10 oz....(had he been born in this day and time I am sure he would have had more of a chance but back then (15 yrs)it was just about unheard of.........)They've come a long way now...........
my dd was born at 38 weeks weighing 7 lbs 8 oz and was great...she was my only easy pregnancy.....:headscratch: Maybe it's a girl thing???LOL ha