Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   it's almost time! questions (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=221833)

hellodebbie87 09-08-2007 02:14 AM

it's almost time! questions

I am 39 weeks 6 days, and I went in to the doctor today and checked my cervix, I am 1cm dilated with a very soft cervix. My doctor said he could feel the baby's head right there!

After the appt., I been having contractions all day. I tried timing them, and it seems like they're lasting really long. Anywhere from 20 seconds to almost 2 minutes. Is that normal? I try to walk to make them stop and they don't, so I'm assuming they're real contractions and not braxton-hicks.

Also, maybe TMI, but after one particularly painful contraction, I went pee and wiped, then stood up and I dripped some light pinkish fluid on the seat. Then almost every time after that when I wipe after going pee, it's either light pink or a pinkish brownish color. Any idea what it is?:headscratch:

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 09-08-2007 02:27 AM

Re: it's almost time! questions

sounds like you may be in early labor:hugs:
is there anyone there to help you and take you to the dr when its time to go?

hellodebbie87 09-08-2007 02:31 AM

oh yep, dh is off for the weekend. he's snoring soundly right now. :giggle:

I just don't want to freak him out. and the paper my doctor's office gave me said that I don't need to call or come in until my contractions are 3-5 minutes apart. I just hope it doesn't take too long for that to happen!

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 09-08-2007 02:37 AM

does it also say if your waterbag busts..lol

you will know as it will gush like crazy!
when i went into labor with my son, my waterbag broke all over the floor, my dh was sleeping, i ahd gotten up to go pee and the bag just broke!
this happend at 1am, i didnt wake dh til 5am, i wasnt in any pain , my belly just felt really weird, i didnt call the dr til 7am when i felt it was late enough to wake her up..LOL
my contrax didn't start or get hard and painful til 9am and i had ds at 2pm on the dot..
i know everyone is different, the pink your wipping sound slike part of your mucus plug, take a shower and double check your hospital bags:hugs:

Birdof1985 09-08-2007 02:42 AM

sounds like early labor and the begin. of your mucus plug.

hellodebbie87 09-08-2007 03:12 AM

Yes, it says to call right away if the water breaks. I am scared about that! lol. I really feel like I have no idea what I'm doing. Wish my mom was here! I do think it's my mucous plug, because now there are little bits and pieces of stuff in the toilet. I know everyone is different, but how long does early labor last?

*Katherine* 09-08-2007 05:12 AM

Sounds like early labor to me. Hopefully your contractions even out soon!! Early labor can unfortunately last a long time. It's different for everyone. Water breaking is nothing. Just feels like you are taking the longest pee of your life, lol (like, think 2 liter bottle of soda pouring out you, lol). I actually prayed with DD for my water to break since I knew that it was definitely labor, lol. I'm hoping the same happens this time.

bellamama 09-08-2007 08:46 AM

well? lol good luck

joyful mother 09-08-2007 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hellodebbie87 (Post 1732763)
After the appt., I been having contractions all day. I tried timing them, and it seems like they're lasting really long. Anywhere from 20 seconds to almost 2 minutes. Is that normal? I try to walk to make them stop and they don't, so I'm assuming they're real contractions and not braxton-hicks.

My midwife says to get up and move if we are laying down, lay down if we are up and moving, drink something, eat something, take a bath, if the contractions still continue it is labor. My contractions never normalize until I am in hard labor hitting transition. I agree with the others sounds like it could be your plug and because it is teamed with contractions it looks like you just may be meeting that little one pretty soon.

Early labor lasts for however long your body needs. Enjoy the early stuff and make sure everything is ready to go, this is coming from someone who didn't do this with #3 and the midwife showed up 15 min before baby was born and had to find my supplies, I should have got them out before I laid down but
I still wasn't sure it was really labor.

idigchaitea 09-08-2007 04:27 PM

yep that's probably your mucus plug! i never saw my mucus plug, and my water never gushed out. It sort of "leaked"--like I felt a little gushing and then it would stop, and happen again a few minutes later. But your water could gush out all at once. Oh, and no one ever told me that your water will continue to leak out throughout the entire labor, as it replenishes itself:) I'd say when your contractions become regular then it's about time! woohoo!