Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   If you had a D&C-Help (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=222561)

Jillybean 09-09-2007 09:13 AM

If you had a D&C-Help

I have a couple of questions for ya.

How long did you bleed after? I had mine 9 days ago and just started bleeding heavy this morning, do you think something is wrong. For the last 8 days I've had lightish bleeding with several times I thought it was done all together now this morning heavy. I don't go see my dr until Fri.

How long did you have to wait before having sex?

How long was it before you felt like having sex?

How long were you told to wait before TTC again?(even if you didn't follow directions)

TIA

deb 09-09-2007 09:53 AM

Re: If you had a D&C-Help

I didn't have any bleeding after my D&C, it was about 6 weeks before I started my period again, and it was the HEAVIEST I had ever had. TMI, but within the first 4 hours of the day, I had soaked through my tampon and pad, and ruined a pair of pants! The first day was by far the worst, but it was a longer period that I usually have, like 3-4 days longer.
As for the having sex... I really can't remember how long it was. I had a D&C after my second miscarriage, and was scared at that point to get pregnant again, so I know I was very hesitant.
Dr told me to wait one cycle before TTC again, which is what we did.

l_Kimmie_l 09-09-2007 10:09 AM

Every woman is different for when they bleed again. Once the baby is removed you still have hCG in you. Once your levels fall back down then you begin your secondary bleed. The higher the levels at the time of your D&C the longer it takes to bleed. You must have had lower hCG levels and so you are getting your secondary bleed.

When to have sex is up to you. Many docs say a month but, after 2 weeks or when done bleeding is enough. You are just waiting for the cervix to close to avoid infection to the uterus after the invasive procedure. If you do not "Feel" like having sex longer than that is normal and go with your gut always.

Most docs ask you to wait till you have a normal cycle. This is different for all women. Some women are TTCing the cycle after the secondary bleed, some wait till AF shows the 1st time after the secondary bleed, while others wait months.

I have had more losses than I care to count (9 PGs and 12 lost babies and 1 live baby *DS had a vanishing twin*) of those only 2 I did a D&C. It took me 2 weeks to get my secondary bleed with 1 of them (7 weeks gestation) and 4 weeks with the other (9 weeks gestation). It took me appoximately 6 months to get a regular cycle back after both, unlike my natural m/c's that the next cycle I ovulated.

For The Love Of Cloth 09-09-2007 10:19 AM

I was told that I could have been overdoing it when my flow got heavier. My personal feeling was that there was a little piece that needed to come out, the flow increased until that piece came out ( I saw a fairly big bit of something) then immediately, the flow was almost gone.

We were told to protect against pg for 3 months. BUT with second m/c, we just did our own thing and got preggers before even another af.

Jillybean 09-09-2007 10:21 AM

I should have been 13 weeks by dates, but I'm not sure when the baby died. Looking back now I know that this baby was developing slower than it should have when it was alive. The bleeding has slowed down some now but it really freaked me out this morning.
As for the sex thing,I usually start to have some desire if we haven't done it in a while and so far I haven't felt even the slightest bit sexual. Which stinks because even without having intercourse I need to help my DH out in some other way once or twice a week or he gets seriously bit**y and it just makes life a lot easier when he's happy IYKWIM.

Jillybean 09-09-2007 10:24 AM

I guess it could be that I'm overdoing it a bit. My 18 mo old isn't feeling good so I've been holding and wearing him more than usual.

jls~Kain~Drake 09-09-2007 11:05 AM

We were told to wait 2 or 3 periods before TTC.

l_Kimmie_l 09-09-2007 11:11 AM

It is very common to bleed off and on after a D&C, especially a later one. Your levels were very high I am sure so a secondary bleed may take ofer a month. With levels at about 60,000 (aprox 8-9 weeks) it take over 4 weeks for the levels to go back down to pre-PG. I would say this bleed could be just a over doing it thing. It will probably come and go for a bit. If it has been over 2 weeks since the procedure then you should be able to resume sex if you so desire. If you have no sex drive (normal after losing a child) then continue doing what works for you and your DH till you feel better.:hugs:

mrsbehaven007 09-09-2007 11:31 AM

I didnt have a D&C.. I just wanted to send my :hugs: and :pray: your way .

Jillybean 09-09-2007 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrsbehaven007 (Post 1738932)
I didnt have a D&C.. I just wanted to send my :hugs: and :pray: your way .

Thank you, I need them. Thanks to everyone who replied, I had another d&c 4 years ago, but I don't really remember too much as its been a while.