Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Problems with Links in Siggys (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224411)

gigglegirl 09-11-2007 07:13 PM

Problems with Links in Siggys

I added links in my siggy to additional feedback on Diaper Trader(s), eBay, and The Baby Wearer. For some reason two of them work, but the third one is linking back to DS. I've tried deleting and re-adding and it keeps giving me an error and linking it back here. Any idea what the problem might be or is there some new rule that users need to be privy to?

And WTH, every time I type in DT it switches it to DS? I'm on a Mac, so I know that can't be a virus on my end.

Thanks!!

Mom2TJ 09-11-2007 07:24 PM

Re: Problems with Links in Siggys

I would like an answer on this as well. Seems like there is some bias going on?????

piilani_girl 09-11-2007 07:26 PM

The link in my siggy is doing the same thing. It was changed to link back here and whenever I try to change it back to Diaper Trader(s) and save, it reverts back to diaperswappers.com.

mistylaureena 09-11-2007 07:28 PM

Thats strange?? Are you sure you all are doing it corerctly..not being snarky just wondering becasuie I havent had any problems with doing the links...to teh OP yoru first 2 for me dont work at all and the 3rd takes me to TBW

Mommyk8 09-11-2007 07:30 PM

Hmm that is weird why can't you link back to diaper traders?

gigglegirl 09-11-2007 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mistylaureena (Post 1753574)
Thats strange?? Are you sure you all are doing it corerctly..not being snarky just wondering becasuie I havent had any problems with doing the links...to teh OP yoru first 2 for me dont work at all and the 3rd takes me to TBW

The first one is the link I'm asking about. The second works for me, so not sure why it wouldn't be working for you. Did it give you an error message and link back here or just didn't do anything at all? Every time someone types in something related to DT--it's switiching it to DS for some reason?? :headscratch: Not sure why, but if they don't want users going to other forums, then they need to be consistent and not allow links to any other forums not pick and choose. Since lots of mamas have had problems with virus', pop-ups, etc, I was wondering if it's something like that or intentional on their end.

haynmama 09-11-2007 07:54 PM

:popcorn:

Erica 09-11-2007 08:12 PM

good luck on getting an answer :spit:

Shannon 09-11-2007 08:14 PM

www.thebatgirls.com

Yep, it's just diaper traders....:giggle: Haha, sounds like someone's a little worried about competition.

Green~Mammy 09-11-2007 08:17 PM

Let me try www.diapertraders.com. Sho nough it goes right to diaperswappers even though the link says Diaper Traders. Thats very odd. It even changes the name from Diaper traders to diaper Swappers BUT if I hit edit it STILL reads as Diaper Traders.

So let me understand we CAN'T link back to Diaper Traders (to show our feedback) but we can link back to TBW, BG, Ebay, and anywhere else to show Feed Back from buying/selling/trading. The tech/admin team has time to do this BUT not to figure out why we get viruses when using this site or to get rid of the soft core p@rn ads? That is just sad.