Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum Use Questions - Ask the Pros (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Is there a way to resize the pic I insert in a post? And what about cut/paste in.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2260)

Bare Bottom Gear 04-28-2006 11:52 PM

Is there a way to resize the pic I insert in a post? And what about cut/paste in....

OK, I searched this section to see if anyone has asked this and I am wondering if I am just having a DUH moment or what....no body has asked this...

How do I resize a HUGE image that I have inserted into my post? There are arrows that show up so you can resize it but when I try to move them they don't move!!??!!

So far I am only putting links in but I'd like to put smaller pics in the post instead of the links to the pics.

Do we use the attachment feature? All of my pics end up being too large for that so they won't upload.

I would love to be able to get that resize them since the option is there. Can we fix it so it'll let us adjust the size of it?

OH, and I would like to be able to copy/paste my text in a post I am starting but when i right click there isn't a "cut" or "paste" option. It's a lot easier to move sentences with that then deleting and trying to remember what I typed!

Thanks!

MamaJo 04-29-2006 01:13 AM

Re: Is there a way to resize the pic I insert in a post? And what about cut/paste in

Where are your pics hosted? If its in photobucket, you can resize there before posting here ;)

The attatchment feature won't let you resize, you just have to use an image that is already small enough.

And I'm not sure why cut isn't an option on right click. But, you could always use key commands....

ctrl + x = cut
ctrl + c = copy
ctrl + v = paste

Bare Bottom Gear 04-29-2006 11:50 AM

Re: Is there a way to resize the pic I insert in a post? And what about cut/paste in

I'll go try doing it at photbucket. I have no idea where it's at in there but I'm going to go explore it and see if I can!

Thanks Jo!

MamaJo 04-29-2006 12:13 PM

Do you mean try to find out how to resize? If so I think you just click on a picture and below are options to shrink.

Bare Bottom Gear 04-29-2006 12:17 PM

I went into photobucket and resized it. I never thought to hit the "EDIT" button above the picture on photobucket...DUH!

Anyway, the pics are sized good now. I have a post under Off Topic Disscussion where I had a photo of my anniversary gift I wanted to put up but the original size was HUGE! In the edit window you cannot resize it so I was wondering why the little arrows show up but don't actually do anything. BUT, since I figured out how to resize them in photobucket I don't need to resize them on the ds.com edit window.