Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anybody tried this for heartburn? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227579)

hungrytree 09-16-2007 02:02 AM

Anybody tried this for heartburn?

So we had pizza last night and I was sure I was going to die from the heartburn but I think the oreo milkshake I ate after the pizza killed it. Yeah I should have put a blushing face in there but I was too excited about the no heartburn :lostit: I've been seriously considering eating super healthy during the day [yea I know I should be doing that anyway :blush: ] and splurging at night with half a cup or so of ice cream to keep the heartburn down. Any thoughts?

ZooCrew10 09-16-2007 07:34 AM

Re: Anybody tried this for heartburn?

it's probably the milk in the products that helps. The only thing that seems to work for me is milk and I usually hate the stuff. I have wicked heartburn right now, and even rolaids or antacids don't do the trick like milk will.

~happy2Bamommy~ 09-16-2007 08:06 AM

never did that but I ate mustard~ Had heartburn something fierce w/ my son and this old lady told me to eat some mustard.. I literally got to where I would squirt it in a spoon and swallow it down..Worked great!

ferrferr 09-16-2007 08:35 AM

Zantac was my friend for my really bad reflux. I had it so bad with DD#2 that I couldn't eat anything without refluxing. :yuck:

LuAnn 09-16-2007 10:11 AM

nope, because Im one that has heartburn no matter what I eat or drink:yuck:

Daizy Nee 09-16-2007 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~happy2Bamommy~ (Post 1780264)
never did that but I ate mustard~ Had heartburn something fierce w/ my son and this old lady told me to eat some mustard.. I literally got to where I would squirt it in a spoon and swallow it down..Worked great!

Mustard itself would totally give me heartburn :yuck:

I also am one who gets heartburn no matter what, but I like the idea of ice cream helping :giggle:

MamaToBe84 09-16-2007 10:49 AM

the reason the milk helps is because the fat in it calms the acid. So if you're going to drink milk, make sure its at LEAST 2% ;)

man i wish oreo shakes fixed my heartburn, lol.

*Katherine* 09-16-2007 10:56 AM

Ice cream is spectacular for heartburn. Can't remember where I heard it, but it works every time! If I have a bowl for dessert, I can go to bed without taking Tums, but I usually wake up for a dose of Tums at some point during the night, lol

vanillabean 09-16-2007 03:35 PM

milk also works for me, but only for a while. Maybe ice cream would have a longer lasting effect....I'll have to force myself to try it....:goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 09-16-2007 11:36 PM

nothing works for me, i was taking mylanta cherry supreme and that was good, although id have to take it a few times a day. i started chewing on tums and they worked faster, the past few days though i havent gotten any heatburn and havent taken tums or anythign:yay: