Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anyone else worry about ultrasounds? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228798)

turtle2who 09-17-2007 07:36 PM

Anyone else worry about ultrasounds?

I am about 11 weeks pg and had some spotting this morning. Right when it happened I called my OB to ask if it was normal (since I had my first OB appt on Friday and they were poking around in there.) When the doc heard it was bright red she scheduled me for an US tomorrow. The spotting did not continue and I feel like everything is probably fine. But now I am going in for an ultrasound tomorrow and I am not happy about it. I already had one to confirm the pg a couple of weeks ago and I am scheduled for another as part of a screening for birth defects a few weeks from now. After having 2 m/c last year, part of me really wants to see that my baby is still there. But another part of me worries about all of this exposure to the ultrasound.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

Wishing4 09-17-2007 07:46 PM

Re: Anyone else worry about ultrasounds?

I had GD with #2 and had lots of ultrasounds done towards the end. He's a happy and healthy toddler. Don't worry about the one extra one you'll be getting. Just think that you are making sure that everything is ok. You and baby will be fine.

etsdtm99 09-17-2007 08:35 PM

as long as its just a quick look to see if everythign is ok, i'm sure its fine .. most things i've read say that repeated prolonged exposure (like more than 20-30 mins at a time) is what people are worried about..

MamaToBe84 09-17-2007 08:36 PM

i wouldnt worry too much about it. I had an extra one at 10 weeks, and will have another at 20, and im not really concerned. But if it bothers you, i'd talk to the doc, maybe she can ease your mind ;)

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 09-17-2007 08:40 PM

I wouldnt worry about the u/s mama, they won't take long, justa quick babycheck:goodvibes:

piccolo41099 09-17-2007 08:40 PM

I had daily US with my oldest for 12 weeks due to placenta abruptions (spelt wrong):blush: many of them to make sure everything was OK. Noah is now a healthy 7 year old.

turtle2who 09-17-2007 09:32 PM

Wow- everyday!?

I hope it is just a quick check. My others have all been long because I have uterine fibroids and the tech will measure them all from every different angle. I am there for at least 20 mins. Maybe this will be shorter b/c they are just checking that the baby is ok.

Thanks for the reassurances!

Irishmommy 09-18-2007 07:43 AM

:goodvibes: Yeah, I probably had 15 with my last pregnancy (because of past history and spotting and other things) and my dd is fine now, so I wouldn't worry mamma, most of the time it is so quick!