Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   was sprung a leak - now: going in for u/s & moved EDD (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=229992)

ZooCrew10 09-19-2007 11:12 AM

was sprung a leak - now: going in for u/s & moved EDD

Well doc decided I need to get my buns in for another u/s today to check the previa and make sure my membranes aren't broken (I don't think they are, this is just precautionary) - he also moved my section date from the 30th to the 23rd of Octover as he doesn't want me to hemorrage (spelling??) - wish me luck :goodvibes:

Ok so if this is TMI please forgive me. I have NEVER EVER had my water break on its own even with my vag. birth babies so I am ignorant here on it. BUT I have been having some "leaking" that I am not quite sure is...um....pee. (oh you konw what I'm talking about!! Don't sneeze too hard or you might pee on yourself!) It kinda gushed a little when I was sitting in my comfy recliner - I went to check, only "old blood" and some clear fluid that didn't SMELL like pee (?) - then later I got up to do something and I was damp again - not super wet, just dampish. Baby has been a gymnist this whole morning too. And, as reported in previous threads with my previa issues, it's been nearly painful to walk lately with the shooting pains in my belly. What's it like if you spring a leak with your bag of waters???? You'd think I would know, but seriously, I have no clue what that is like....is it a slow leak or a huge gush like when they break it at the hospital?

Daizy Nee 09-19-2007 11:19 AM

Re: hmmmm....sprung a leak or ???? maybe tmi

I think your water has broken mama! Call your doc & head in!

With my first I just had a little trickle. I thought I just peed a little but was on my way to the docs anyway to get checked out cuz I thought I might be in labor. Kind of nonchalantly mentioned to the doc abt my 'accidental pee' and so she checked and sure enough my water had broken up high so it wasn't gushing out. I actually ended up having to have it broken again, but when I left the docs office for the hospital she told me I was 'not coming out without a baby' :)

I think your on your way mama! Keep us posted :thumbsup:

Mommy2LivandNoah 09-19-2007 11:21 AM

It actually does sound like you might have a slow leak. I would definitely go in and let them check just to be sure...

katebrown 09-19-2007 11:24 AM

Mine leaked the day before it gushed. It was almost like pee in my underwear and at the time I was totally unsure about whether or not it was amniotic fluid, but turns out it was. The thing I remember people telling me was to smell it - the amniotic fluid smells nkind of sweet, not acidic or acrid like pee does. :)

Although in my case, at 4am the next morning I got up to pee and well, the pee just never stopped. My water broke and it came gushing out (and continued to come out until she was born 15 hours later :)

I would AT A MINIMUM call your doc ASAP!

stayinhomewithmy6 09-19-2007 11:25 AM

Everyone says that amniotic fluid is odorless, but I actually think it has it's own distinct smell, almost a clean sterile smell or something. I've had my water break all 3 times, but each time has been a very noticeable gush followed by trickling. Since you say you had a gush and it doesn't smell like pee, I think you definitely need to call your doc & go in. Good luck mama and keep us posted! :goodvibes:

rwooley 09-19-2007 11:28 AM

Sounds like you water broke:goodvibes: Good luck mama! Keep us posted.

ZooCrew10 09-19-2007 01:09 PM

thanks for the input. I haven't had any other leaking (noticeable anyway) since then so maybe it was just a discharge - I'll keep an eye on it though. I've been feeling really crummy lately so it wouldn't surprise me if it's time.

beautiful8 09-19-2007 02:57 PM

yeah i think that sounds a LOT like water breaking.

granted...leaking pee is not unheard of :laugh: but the fact that other stuff came out with it, yeah I tink you might wanna go get checked out :)

Ok, I HAVE to just say this Carson...IF YOU DELIVER BEFORE ME I AM DRIVING DOWN THERE TO READ YOU THE RIOT ACT IN PERSON :rofl:

ZooCrew10 09-19-2007 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beautiful7 (Post 1801764)

Ok, I HAVE to just say this Carson...IF YOU DELIVER BEFORE ME I AM DRIVING DOWN THERE TO READ YOU THE RIOT ACT IN PERSON :rofl:

ROFL!!! I was actually going to call you to see if you'd popped that baby out yet!! How you feeling?

WhollyMama 09-20-2007 01:35 AM

If it's a leak, the amniotic sac can re-seal itself. Isn't your body amazing?! And, I would not have anyone sticking their fingers in you at the moment. If it is a rupture of membranes, you have a higher risk of infection if anything goes in the vagina (this includes hubby! :blush: )