Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   i want to be done now (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230570)

Merolu 09-20-2007 02:56 AM

i want to be done now

With my first child I felt the miracle of it every single day and I wanted pregnancy to never end, discomfort or not.
With my second I was so preoccupied with my emotional struggles and I was in pain every day from the beginning so when the end of the pregnancy came i didn't really notice a whole lot of difference.
This time I was feeling good til he dropped on Friday - now I am so stinking miserable that I want him out NOW. I've never felt this way before and I suddenly have sympathy for the women before me whom I've never understood and I've counseled that "the baby will come when it's ready, try to see the positive". What bull I spouted. I DO see the positive, I have a healthy, growing, moving child, the pregnancy is progressing exactly as it should, I get to have my VBAC if things continue the way they are. But that doesn't erase the fact that I'm physically miserable and it's stretching me to my limits. It's stressing me to the point that I'm snapping at my kids.
38 weeks seems so far away even though it's less than a week for me - after that, I'll be thinking all the positive labor thoughts I can in the hopes he comes out already!
Please don't flame me or remind me how lucky I am. I know there are many women in the world, even in this forum who would give up a lot to be in my place. I appreciate that and don't mean to minimize the gift I do have - but it doesn't make me feel better in the here and now. I REALLY needed to vent a little.

JenniJ 09-20-2007 03:16 AM

Re: i want to be done now

Vent away and I totally understand and I am only 33 weeks. I am holding off until full term to want some labor vibes but I am so ready to be done!! I am tired of being tired and he just hurts me, not like its on purpose but I don't remember this feeling from the last time I was pg 5 years ago. I hope you get some relief soon!!!

mengmommy 09-20-2007 10:42 AM

:hugs: momma. I felt just like you with dd.

ddewan 09-20-2007 11:03 AM

ME TOO! I am 35 weeks and tired. I've been having contractions since 23 weeks, and I just can't wait until this over. DS was born at 38 weeks, so I am hoping I only have 3 weeks left with this pregnancy, but for some reason 3 weeks seems like forever!!!! Good Luck!!

ChurchPunkMom 09-20-2007 11:22 AM

No flames!:hugs: :hugs:

Like I said to a friend of mine last week.. the first two are easy, the third pregnancy is when the real fun begins. ;)

Hang in there mama!:hugs:

Cadensmommy 09-20-2007 11:27 AM

I totally feel ya! I am feeling the same way!

Clarissa

WhollyMama 09-20-2007 12:30 PM

:hugs:

I've found that third pregnancies/births tend to be a wild card. Even though you may think you know what to expect, you always get thrown for a loop.

Have you tried sifting? That can usually give mamas a bit of relief near the end of pregnancy.

Also leaning over a birth ball, and doing belly lifts (just like it sounds, lifting up the belly) can help!

:preggo: