Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   My beta result from yesterday, is it normal? u/s update! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=231410)

stayinhomewithmy6 09-21-2007 08:16 AM

My beta result from yesterday, is it normal? u/s update!

I had my beta and progesterone checked yesterday at 4w2d or 16 dpo. My beta was 980 and my progesterone was 18. The nurse seemed very happy with my beta results and said my progesterone was normal, too. Then, this morning she called back and my doctor wants me to repeat the beta on Monday and have an ultrasound sometime this week on a day that she will be there. Would this concern you? It's a little high for a normal pregnancy right? Pray for me that that means twins and not that my molar pregnancy has returned! :pray: :pray: :pray:

For The Love Of Cloth 09-21-2007 08:25 AM

Re: My beta result from yesterday, is it normal?

I think it's normal to repeat the beta hcg to see how the numbers are increasing. And the U/S is likely because of your history and to encourage you that everything is ok. :hugs: :pray:

mom2adrien 09-21-2007 08:26 AM

It's probably normal, and nothing to be concerned about. I'm sure he just wants to check on everything and make sure it's all in the right place. I had really high betas early on in my pregnancy. At around 6ish weeks they were off the charts. They were always flagged as high, but I didn't have twins nor a molar pregnancy. I hope things go well for you at your next visit.

Mommy2LivandNoah 09-21-2007 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmolly (Post 1811909)
I think it's normal to repeat the beta hcg to see how the numbers are increasing. And the U/S is likely because of your history and to encourage you that everything is ok. :hugs: :pray:

I had mine checked twice just to be sure...

aundy 09-21-2007 08:30 AM

my beta at 14dpo w/Matthew was 64 ... they will do it again in 48 hrs to make sure it is doubling appropriately and the u/s is probably to verify that there is only one in there ... that beta is high

Ima_to_6 09-21-2007 08:40 AM

Seems very high- I hope you are blessed with twins!

Good luck, and keep us updated.:goodvibes:

YummyYarnAddict 09-21-2007 09:24 AM

The "rules" with betas aren't written in stone and there are no hard and fast rules. Betas from "natural" conceptions "tend" to run higher than betas from ART conceptions. My beta at 16dpo with my ds was over 400 and he was conceived via FET (frozen embryo transfer) -- everyone swore it had to be a twin conception because FETs are "supposed" to have lower betas than fresh cycles. Nope, singleton. My dd started off as a twin and had a much lower beta and she was conceived on a fresh IVF cycle.

I'm hoping and praying that you just have a nice strong beta going there with one or two babies!

stayinhomewithmy6 09-21-2007 09:29 AM

Thanks for your encouraging words! I'll try not to worry about it all weekend. I just don't have a very good history going into this, so I know I'm more anxious than I probably need to be. We've always wanted twins, so we're always hoping to see two on that u/s screen! :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :pray: :pray: :pray:
My doctor is sort of part-time. She's not there every day (she has 4 kids of her own), so I was concerned that she wanted me to have an u/s specifically on a day when she would be there. I guess that's really nothing to worry about, though, and I suppose I should look at it that I'm lucky to have a dr that wants to be there for me.

etsdtm99 09-21-2007 03:09 PM

i would feel very good about your doc wanting to be there for you - thats great !

those #s do sound high, but not out of the range of normal .. i hope evreything is ok!

amegrl520 09-21-2007 04:12 PM

There is a very high range of normal. I would definatley say your in normal range. The important part is that the number is rising nicely.