Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   HELP...real poop.....now what??? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23279)

quixb 07-19-2006 01:18 AM

HELP...real poop.....now what???

:yuck: ok so dd is now officially eating more than boob milk and she is having REAL poop :yuck: :yuck: :yuck: NOW WTF do I do????? Sorry but I am kind of freaking out because I just spent a ton of $$$$ getting her FB and I feel like I can not do this! LUCKILY she has been in a sposie everytime she has had a real poop (there have been 3 so far!), so I havent had to deal with it yet (Long story but I basically gave into my mother who wouldnt stop giving me heck about the cloth and how it was causing her really bad rashes, because she gets better in sposies.......so I have been putting her in them when we leave, and cloth for at home!) ANYWAYS I am going to be home tomorrow and frankly I am kind of scared to put her in cloth!!!! What do I do when she poops??? It does NOT look like it will just roll off into the toilet like everone says........blahhhhh Up until now it has just been BM poop so I just threw it in the wash...............

HELP I am really getting close to deserting this CD thing now that she is really pooping, but I dont want to, I just dont know how to deal with the poop!!!

cldaniele 07-19-2006 02:22 AM

Re: HELP...real poop.....now what???

You'd be surprised at what will come off into the toilet. But as the manufacturer says, whatever doesn't fall off, shake off, whatever, will come out in the wash. That doesn't mean only bm poop, it means anything. Don't be scared!

jjaelovesenglish 07-19-2006 02:30 AM

If a lot doesn't come off then I poor a cup of water on it in the toilet and put in the pail, when I go to wash, I always run a rinse cycle, wash, then and another rinse and I have not had a problem with solid poopies and my DD is 9 mo. I find it actually easier than the BF poo myself.

SheilaJoy 07-19-2006 02:35 AM

girl, you need a diaper sprayer! http://www.heinyking.com/catalog.php?category=19

Until you get one, dunk and swish. Gross, but it works.

lindsayncadence 07-19-2006 03:04 AM

i have no money and until someone makes me a sprayer im a dunk and swisher and you know what? its not that bad most ppl would be like ewww but i think nothin of it anymore!

Mommyk8 07-19-2006 05:24 AM

I do the dunk and swish after I flush so the water is actually moving in the toilet. I also use fleece liners so I don't have to stick the whole dipe in the toilet just the liner. Then I squeeze out the excess water and put in the wet bag. Wash hands and I'm done. :mrgreen:

KuddlyKreations 07-19-2006 05:59 AM

In the over 2 years that I've been cloth diapering now. What doesn't shake/fall off when held over the toilet. I toss in the pail and wash it. I've NEVER had a problem with doing that. I just can't bring myself to do the dunk and swish for some reason LOL. Well actually that is why I never tried cloth way before is because I didnt want to dunk and swish hahha. But anyways my wash routine is cold soak with soap, cold wash and hot wash (without soap). Ive never had a problem with the poop.

Just shake, toss in bucket and wash!!

rpg_mommy 07-19-2006 06:28 AM

We use FB's and you'd be surprised at how much will just fall off into the toilet. I've never done the dunk and swish either - if some doesn't fall in the toilet, it comes off in the rinse before they wash. No biggie! Don't be scared! FB's are great for poop. I've never had a poop leak out of a FB whereas if my DS is in sposies his super poops almost ALWAYS squirt up the back.

I think CD poops are so much better than sposie poops. To me it seems the CD's really pull the moisture out of the poop which leaves a nice solid chunk that falls right off into the toilet. With sposies, it just squishes around on their tush - much more gross if you ask me!

lararum 07-19-2006 06:47 AM

FB are good for real poop! Most of it will fall off, you might have to shake it a bit. The rest, I've always just put in the wash. Cold prewash first, then regular diaper wash cycle. Have fun!:giggle:

aimeemarie 07-19-2006 07:13 AM

Alex is 8 months old and is ebf but has had solids for about 4 months now and most does NOT roll off into the toilet. Diaper sprayers are great!!!

ETA, does your dd really get more rashy with FB's than sposies? I wonder if she might have a fleece allergy.