Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Preping for homebirth? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234090)

ginafer 09-25-2007 04:41 AM

Preping for homebirth?

OK. So this is my 3rd planned homebirth. And everytime I get to the end and get my list of things I need, I always put it off. I guess this should be in the Procrastinators Unite thread!:giggle: But seriously when do you start to prepare for everything? DH wants baby born on 11/7 which is still 12 days before my due date! So just in case DH induces me :lostit: I need stuff ready by then, which sounds far off but really is only 6 weeks away! I guess 36 weeks would be a good starting point since I can't have a home birth before then anyway, but should I order things I need now? Anyone order from Cascade recently? Did they ship in a timely manner? Its been two years since I've ordered from them.:headscratch: Really, shouldn't I be giving this advice? I've done this before!:blush:

onlyaglimmer 09-25-2007 09:08 AM

Re: Preping for homebirth?

I'm wondering the SAME thing! We are moving this week so I knew I wanted to wait until after that but when do I buy? I'm a bit worried about pre-term labor this time around so I'm thinking I might wait until about 35 weeks... I'm not ordering anything though. (I'm about 33 weeks right now which I just realized only leaves me 2 weeks till 35wks to buy the stuff.. how did I get this far along????)

benjason 09-25-2007 09:35 AM

My midwive wanted me to have my supplies by 36 weeks. You might just ask your midwive her preference. I would probably give the company a week for your supplies to arrive. So maybe order them by 34 or 35 weeks to be safe.

ChurchPunkMom 09-25-2007 11:08 AM

I can't remember how long it took to get our stuff from Cascade (it was over a year and a half ago), I think we ordered around 35-36wks. We were also kind of expecting that Eliana might come early, so we wanted to have everything ready by 37wks - she was born on her due date.:giggle:

I'm now 38wks with this one.. We bought our supplies this past weekend and my 'tub' will be delivered in the next day or two. We really did procrastinate this time!:laugh: I guess I just haven't felt any sense of urgency. ;) The only other thing we have left to buy is a hose to fill the tub (which isn't here yet anyway). I also have A LOT of cleaning to do.:blush: and no energy/stamina to do it.:cry:

lamourja 09-25-2007 11:15 AM

My experience with Cascade was that they were very quick. I also ordered so I had everything in hand by 36 weeks. I remember thinking I wouldn't make the cut off, because I had them throw in a few extra things I wanted to have on hand, and delete a few things I didn't need. The customer service rep was really patient and helpful. And it got here on time. Of course, the baby decided to take an extra 10 days, but that's a different story!

Have a good birth! Jami

joyful mother 09-25-2007 01:11 PM

I can't believe you are already getting your supplies together. I usually make sure to have everything by 36 weeks and anything I have to order I do by 33 or 34 weeks, just in case they are slow. Ginafter you have to tell everyone why dh might induce you on 11-7-07.

jennywymore 09-25-2007 01:17 PM

I am now 38 weeks my birth kit came last week. In his hands.com ships super fast especially if you have your midwife send for it. You can never be ready I have decided. When my last DD was born the house was a mess, dishes everywhere the bathroom was dirty and the only thing ready was me...
I am constantly trying to keep the house in order this time and have everything ready to go. But it never seems to go that way when you go into labor.

ginafer 09-25-2007 07:04 PM

Oh, I am not concerned with me or the house being ready...cause that will never happen!:mrgreen: Last time I went into labor/transistion at the mall and made it home just in time to strip my clothes off and have a baby!:giggle: But I have figured that as long as I can have everything ready that we need for the birth by November 1st then I'll be good. Because I don't want another October baby so mentally I just can't have things ready before then because then it is a signal to my brain that labor is acceptable from that point forward.:headscratch: Does that make any sense or am I just a weirdo!?:lostit:
And for Crissi's request. 11/7/07 is the 'due' date becuase DS1 was born 10/02/02, DS2 12/03/03 and DS3 1/06/06. So DH wants an 11/7/07 to go with that. I can't complain, we want more children and if this trend continues it will help me to remember their birthdays. :headscratch:At least I imagine it would!

hippydippymama 09-25-2007 11:20 PM

I'm not even pregnant yet and am starting to collect supplies for my homebirth. :giggle: