Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Anyone TTC with PCOS?? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234567)

Jessica 09-25-2007 04:31 PM

Anyone TTC with PCOS??

Is anyone TTC with infertility issues right now? Id love to have a friend that can relate :goodvibes: I have PCOS, my DS is 15months, and we have been very open to life since we could dtd after birth.. and yet still no second baby. He did just wean him self from bfing a few months ago... it took me 4yrs to concieve him.. anyways, Im going on and on :blush: Thought Id ask!

Thanks!! :goodvibes:

MamaToBe84 09-25-2007 04:37 PM

Re: Anyone TTC with PCOS??

i might not be what you are looking for, but dh and i stopped being "careful" when we got married (3 years ago tomorrow) and it took metformin to regulate me enough to get pregnant, so I do know how you feel!! :hugs: I got pregnant in june on 1500mg/day of metformin, and am due in march :) I may not be ttc right now, but I can definitely be there if you need to rant/vent/ask questions, anything, because i HAVE been there :hugs:

McMamma38 09-25-2007 04:37 PM

Yeah that's me!It took us 3years to concieve our ds(lost weight,so natural concep.did not know i had PCOS THEN),THEN 10 years to next pg(lost,eaarly m/c at 8weeks),had dd when son was 11(she's 27months now),and finally lost Gracie at 18 weeks pg.TTC again-GOODSLUCK TO BOTH OF US.I'm on Metformin and Actos(like Clomid TO ME)-losing weight now to help TTC time!:goodvibes:

MommytoJandS 09-25-2007 06:15 PM

We dealt with infertility issues due to PCOS before my son, it took almost 2 years, 1500 mg of Metformin and Clomid...don't remember the dosage on that one. I finally got pregnant on our "last shot" with the Clomid as my doctor called it.

And now I'm pregnant again, and it was a surprise, my DS was only 4 months old at the time. And we had seriously only DTD twice since he was born :giggle:

1boy1girl1bitty2 09-25-2007 07:26 PM

i can relate. DD was the result of coming off bc (surpressed ovulation caused mutiple ovulation) and was a surprise. with ds we tried for almost 3 years. finally quit trying and activly planned our wedding (were putting it off in case we got pg) as soon as the invites went out and my dress came from overseas i found out i was pregnant with ds (total happy surprise) and with this babe we started trying almost as soon as we could. i got pg right away but lost it early in pg. then activly started trying with aid of metphormin 1500 mg/day and the clear blue easy fertility monitor and got pg on my birthday. (day one of my last menstral cycle was ds's 1st birthday) talk to your dr about your options.

MyLil'Mountaineers 09-25-2007 08:02 PM

That would be me, also. This is my first month on CLomid after trying for 14 months. We conceived 1,2, and 3 with no problem. Number 2 ended in a m/c and we concieved #3 three months later. Went on BC pills after his birth and have had problems ever since. Was just confirmed that I have PCOS/D this last month.
Good luck to you!!!! :hugs:

McMamma38 09-25-2007 08:26 PM

Oh my Metformin dose is 2,000mg a day and Actos is 30mg.I got pg the last 3 times with this! I forgot to mention that I weaned my DD Sarah when she was 12months so I could take these(esp.the Actos)My Endocrinologist told me that infertility clinics are using these drugs to induce ovulation! It also treats my very controlled mild diabetes!Weaning was so tough on both of us-I just didn't want any of the Actos in my milk.I am 38yrs.so definitly feel the clock ticking!My shortest time to concieve on this regime was 2 months,DD was 4months after the early m/c and the longest was after weaning DD Sarah-8months-then lost Gracie at 18weeks gest(she had a fatal birth defect and would not live at birth)I think my body took awhile to o because dd was a heavy nurser still at 12 months and we weaned quickly-BIG NO NO!
My m/c and Gracie's birth defect were unrelated to controlled sugar or these rxs-be reassured mama and goodluck everyone!I was finally diagnosed with a mild form of PCOS IN 2004(when Endocrinologist was taking my history in hospital to learn how to give myself insulin shots for the bean i ultimatly lost!)