Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Gerber (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23477)

blondeviolin 07-19-2006 04:34 PM

Gerber

I know their prefolds aren't that great. Anyone tried their flats? We were given some as a baby gift. Haven't used 'em for actual diapering...but was just remembering I COULD...

flowerpotg 07-19-2006 04:37 PM

Re: Gerber

I fold them in 1/2 and then 1/2 again and then kind trifold them then top them with a fleece liner and put them in a snug fitting wrap like Bumkins or my little g pants.

Trim option that doesn't leak.

myajdw 07-19-2006 04:42 PM

i'm going to use mine as doublers...i believe they're gerber ones. i think part of the reason their pf's suck is b/c it's not all cloth in them...there's some kind of other stuff in them that's not really that absorbant.

negrapy 07-19-2006 04:46 PM

i love them as doublers .... i fold them in the wetzone
i don't have any doublers i like better

Tootsiemomma 07-19-2006 04:50 PM

I guess I'm in the minority, I love my Gerber prefolds. You have to get the DSQ ones though. I actually prefer my Gerber over CPF's.

cullens_girl 07-19-2006 05:23 PM

I've used their receiving blankets as flats - nice and trim.

Hate the vinyl pull-up covers.

I used to like their ez-covers but they don't manufacture them (I think?) anymore... I have some that were hand-me downs that are very well-loved and I'm sad they probably won't make it through another baby.

Sarah 07-19-2006 05:35 PM

I actually liked my Gerber pfs too. At least I preferred them to fits,AI2s and pockets. Of course I just got my fluff from little lions and I'm totally enjoying real cpfs.
I also love my Gerber E-Z wraps and even the vinyl pants for overnights.
I use Gerber flats as doublers inside contours

MamaZ 07-19-2006 06:38 PM

I loved my flats :) But DD became sensitive to them :(

mamagina 07-19-2006 07:42 PM

They're what I used the most on the twins when they were wee little, they did the trick, and I could get them to fit them when they were in that tiny newborn stage. I had those and the gerber prefolds, I wasn't a fan at all of their prefolds with the padded middles, although I did get about a dozen of the birdseye prefolds I liked - no padding, though I haven't seen them since anywhere. They were in prints, too so that was a bonus! Although once I found "real" prefolds, I was hooked there, lol - too much folding for me with the flats!!! I did like the fact I could get them as trim as I wanted and that if I needed the abosorbtion, I could use 2 without huge bulk. :)

I'm not a fan of their covers...any of them :o

bsydprmkn 07-19-2006 08:38 PM

i actually use the flats in my diapers that i make. folded all up and sewn in. i also use them for doublers as well for overnight.