Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Hearing HB on doppler? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=235259)

Mom2BabiesA&I 09-26-2007 02:08 PM

Hearing HB on doppler?

When is it that you can normally start hearing the HB on the doppler? Does it matter if one is slender or a little more heavy set?

I am a slight worry wort about this preg even though I am trying not to be but I was thinking a doppler might help ease my mind etc....

Mirasmom 09-26-2007 02:10 PM

Re: Hearing HB on doppler?

I think 9 weeks is usually the earliest unless you are skin and bones. We heard ours at 10 no prob. The only problem with trying sooner is you might not find it and it'll freak you out more!

crunchymomof3 09-26-2007 02:27 PM

at my 12 week appt the dr did a sonogram to hear the hb since i am a heavier momma and before that an internal u/s .. this last one at 16 weeks we used doppler and could hear it fine :thumbsup:

amegrl520 09-26-2007 02:41 PM

at my last appointment I was 13.5 weeks and the doctor was just able to get it. I am a bit overweight and I had c/s neither of which help.

4boys1girlforme 09-26-2007 03:07 PM

I was almost 14 weeks at my last appointment and my OB still couldn't get it on doppler even guided by an u/s!:giggle: I have have had a section too and my OB said my bladder was so full that everything was displaced- what can I say- I'm always well hydrated!

mom2adrien 09-26-2007 05:54 PM

After having 3 miscarriages I wanted SO badly to rent a doppler during my pregnancy w/ Adrien when I was about 9 weeks along. I was told by many people that it would cause more stress, and that I would always be trying to pick it up, etc. So, I waited..

I went for my 12w OB appt. and she picked up the HB after a few minutes- I am pretty slender. She did tell me that they had me in a room w/ an U/S machine on purpose though. They were afraid that since I was only 12w (they don't use a doppler before that) that they may not find it and would need to use the ultrasound machine.

CrunchyMama0607 09-26-2007 05:57 PM

heard ds's heartbeat @ 10/11wks with a doppler and even then it was hard b/c of the placenta and my hb. :goodvibes: (im slender~5'2 and 130lbs at 7mths pg)

Mommy2Cadence 09-26-2007 06:00 PM

We heard the heartbeat at 10 weeks no problem, I was on the skinny side.

mama2six 09-26-2007 09:12 PM

My midwife will not listen for it before 12 weeks. I bought a doppler with my last pg, and even being skin and bones I didn't pick up the heartbeat until 10w3d.

Baby_Vol 09-27-2007 08:07 AM

I heard it at 10 weeks last time in the OBs office.

I just had my midwife appointment last week (at 7 weeks) and she didn't even try b/c she said it is too early to hear on doppler.