Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   How on earth do you lose weight (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23598)

SoftBumBaby 07-19-2006 11:56 PM

How on earth do you lose weight

...without decreasing your milk supply??????

And...how do you keep from being hungry while you're an EBF'ing mom?

I hate being so fat...I am really hating myself right now. :( Would love any input from BTDT moms.

Jemgirl 07-20-2006 12:34 AM

Re: How on earth do you lose weight

No advice.....just :hugs:
I still feel fat too, and my son is 9 1/2 months old now. KNow I need to go to the gym, but can't seem to get motivated for that:( One of these days, I'll feel like I have control of life again...........maybe in the next 30 years

skayers01 07-20-2006 03:21 AM

Uhg! Me too! With all this boy eats and how little I have time to eat during the day, you think I'd be a bean pole! What gives! DH says it's all the coffee I drink, whatever. What he fails to realize is, is although I pour several cups of coffee a day, I really only drink about one cup. The rest get forgotten and then get cold! We should form a ds workout support group. That is, if we can get off the damn computer! :banghead:

movaly1 07-20-2006 05:40 AM

I am struggling with the same problem.

I'm only 11 weeks postpartum but I feel like I'm not losing enough weight. It doesn't help that I work full-time so I either have to lose weight quickly or buy new clothes in a larger size. As I'm cheap I don't want to buy new clothes:rofl: .

With my ds (child #1) it came off really quickly, but I was also really stressed as my father was in the ICU and then a nursing home for several months.

I'm trying to walk and exercise whenever I can. It's hard b/c I am away from my children for the work day (except I go home for lunch) so I want to be with them after work. It's hard to get real exercise accomplished with a 2 year old and a 3 month old tagging along. I could get up early in the morning (like 5:30) but I am not getting to bed until after 11:00 and I am the type of person who NEEDS 8 hours of sleep.

I try to walk whenever I can, take the stairs instead of the elevator, go up and down the stairs as much as possible when I have a few minutes of times, etc. I'm also **trying** to eat healthier.

I'll be watching this thread and would love to be part of a buddy system, support group here.

Valerie

keegans_mommy 07-20-2006 05:43 AM

When I was nursing Nate, the ONLY diet that I found to work AND be healthy at the same time (keeping my supply in mind) was the Weight Watcher's program. I used their points system, figured what points I was allowed (non-nursing) and then added 10 points per day to that to allow for the extra calories needed to make milk.

The fat melted off slowly but steadily without hunger or really dieting. It was great! I got down to my pre-preggy weight without a fight or a struggle.

Eliza-Bella 07-20-2006 06:33 AM

I second Weight Watchers! I had 7lbs that hung on after DD, and I lost that plus 10lbs on Weight Watchers. It was quick, painless and enjoyable. I'd give that a try!

skayers01 07-20-2006 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by movaly1
I'm trying to walk and exercise whenever I can. It's hard b/c I am away from my children for the work day (except I go home for lunch) so I want to be with them after work. It's hard to get real exercise accomplished with a 2 year old and a 3 month old tagging along. I could get up early in the morning (like 5:30) but I am not getting to bed until after 11:00 and I am the type of person who NEEDS 8 hours of sleep.

Do you think you could incorporate them into your workout? Like push the stroller when you go on walks? Or do mommy/baby exersizes?

mrsott 07-20-2006 08:57 AM

It took me 6 weeks to return to my pp weight... I didnt alter my diet any from when I was pregnant... I went from 115 to 155, but was induced a mo early b/c of preeclampsia... a lot was water weight, but I still dropped 2 sizes... just keep in bfing! and eat good foods... take walks... youll make it!! make sure to have carrot sticks and stuff to munch on instead of chips... salads w/ morningstart black bean burgers are freakin yum and you feel fuller longer b/c of the bb burg.. (kinda makes you think you are eating bacon) I put mint in my water of cucumber and it makes drinking water a treat so I steer clear of calorie liquids....

scatterbrainedmom 07-20-2006 10:24 AM

ds3 is 11 monthes and in the past 2-3 months i have lost almost 30 lbs. i cut out ALL sodas, fast food, and most meat. i also buy fat free sugar free stuff. i haven't decreased my milk supply at all, infact i think it has increased because i cut out all the junkfood

ChurchPunkMom 07-20-2006 12:22 PM

Keep in mind that your body takes at least a couple months to get back to it's normal state (meaning your uterus, pelvis, hips, and even ribs in some cases), and the less babies you've had, the longer it takes! Just eat healthy, try to take a walk when you can, eat frequent small meals instead of three big ones, and make it healthy food! Drink plenty of water and eat lots of fruits and veggies. :)