Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Placenta Previa-marginal...vaginal birth, anyone? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=237200)

mommaindia 09-29-2007 06:11 AM

Placenta Previa-marginal...vaginal birth, anyone?

I'm at 30 weeks, and hoping the placenta will migrate upward...but I'm curious, was anyone who had marginal (grade 1) placenta previa able to deliver vaginally?

We're moving this week, so I'm hoping to not overdue it too much!

Thanks!

Mom2TJ 09-29-2007 08:01 PM

Re: Placenta Previa-marginal...vaginal birth, anyone?

I had complete placenta previa with my second child. It finally corrected itself around 36 weeks, and I had a vaginal delivery. Hopefully, yours will also correct itself! Do you have an ultrasound scheduled any time soon?

mommaindia 09-30-2007 02:43 AM

My next appointment is in two weeks--not sure if my Dr. will have me do another ultrasound then, or wait a few weeks more.

I've gotten all geared up for a natural delivery...I think I'll have to work through some expectation issues if that's not possible...but I'm hoping for the best!

Thanks!

ginafer 09-30-2007 02:47 AM

As your uterus continues to grow the placenta should move up with it. So with marginal placenta previa I would think you should be fine in 10 more weeks.:goodvibes:

golgi 09-30-2007 08:33 AM

My doctor found 'complete placenta previa' around 25 weeks. He told me that due to the fact I was having twins, it would most likely NOT correct itself. I was pretty bummed and prepared myself for the fact that I would have to have a C-section.

Well, at my 30 week ultrasound (with my new doctor.... we moved two hours away) they found that it DID correct itself - and is actually no where NEAR the cervix now!! :lostit:

And both babies are now head down... so it looks as if I'll have a vaginal delivery after all (as long as nothing else pops up before its time)!!! :mrgreen:

bubblesteach 09-30-2007 11:39 AM

I'm in the same boat as you mama. Good luck and don't overdue it.:thumbsup:

mommaindia 10-01-2007 01:25 AM

Good to hear from others of you on a similar journey. I've decided that if full bedrest is my future, i WILL conquer knitting some wool soakers/longies!!

:mrgreen:

Thanks.

ZooCrew10 10-01-2007 06:23 AM

Best of luck to you mama on your previa moving. I have had a complete previa since 20 weeks and it hasn't budged at all and I'm over 35 weeks. I hope yours moves for you so that you get the delivery you want!!

Mickiswing 10-01-2007 01:28 PM

I had a previa like yours with my second and had her vaginally. It had moved completely away by the time I was about 32 weeks