Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Cotton Babies Shipping Problem (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2376)

wildflowerjenn 04-29-2006 04:28 PM

Cotton Babies Shipping Problem

We did a little research last night to see why people were complaining so much about shipping and realized that when the price for colors was set at $17.95, it pushed it over the $4 flat rate zone and into the next flat rate zone of $6.75. Previously, you'd been able to buy one bumGenius for $16.95 and ship it for $4.

We corrected that problem so an order for one bumGenius! (any color) will ship for $4. Yes, I'm still charging for shipping. Shipping isn't free, plain and simple. However, I agree, a customer shouldn't pay $6.75 to ship one bumGenius. We've corrected that problem and are refunding the difference to customers who were affected by this.

Please keep in mind that all bumGenius orders from Cotton Babies, regardless of size, are shipping out (just as they always have) via Priority Mail or Fedex.

I'm sorry about the confusion and frustration for those of you who just wanted to have one diaper. If you have questions, please let me know.

Kindest regards,

Jenn, Owner
Cotton Babies
http://www.cottonbabies.com

hollyhobby30 04-29-2006 04:34 PM

Re: Cotton Babies Shipping Problem

Jenn, thanks for researching that and correcting the problem.

png_lovebirds 04-29-2006 04:55 PM

Thanks Jen!!
Congrats on the success of the BG colors!!!:goodvibes:

redheadedangels 04-29-2006 05:36 PM

Thanks Jen! I can't wait to order some ~ however i'm in MO like you and have to pay sales tax :( Can you fix that too? LOL :giggle:

And I wanted to add that i think that was such an AWESOME thing you did with your auctions! Did they end well?

Thanks alot!

cr2005 04-29-2006 05:51 PM

Thanks for checking on that.

OneFabMama 04-29-2006 05:54 PM

Very cool (even though I didnt have a problem with the 8 dollars LOL, but I wont complain about a little refund!)
Thanks a bunch

wildflowerjenn 04-29-2006 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redheadedangels
Thanks Jen! I can't wait to order some ~ however i'm in MO like you and have to pay sales tax :( Can you fix that too? LOL :giggle:

And I wanted to add that i think that was such an AWESOME thing you did with your auctions! Did they end well?

Thanks alot!

I can't get around sales tax, I'm sorry! It's against the law NOT to charge it... like, REALLY against the law and you can get in big trouble. We do have an in-store-only coupon right now that definitely makes it worth the trip for locals though. Msg me for details if that applies to you.

The auctions went very well. We closed out at just over $800 total between the four auctions which is almost enough to buy milk for the orphanage for one month. I just cannot imagine having to turn a hungry baby away because you didn't have food for him. We are brainstorming now about other things we can do with bumGenius to help raise money for these kids. In the meantime though, if you want to help, you can still donate here:
http://www.cottonbabies.com/product_...roducts_id=808

100% of everything that comes in will go straight to Sheltering Wings.

Kindest regards,

Jenn

jjaelovesenglish 04-29-2006 07:26 PM

Is it the wieght, or the insurance that makes the shipping go up? I was going to order a six pack of inserts, but the shipping was also 6.75. I will have to wait on this. I am told it is a good product, but the shipping is out there a bit.
FYI, I run my own buisness and get frustrated with fees that are not exactly what they should be. I should be charging a gas fee since the price of gas is over $1 more a gallon than when I began the buisness, but for now I am holding out because my customers deserve this.:2cents:

treecitydiapers 04-29-2006 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redheadedangels

Technically (and legally) you are supposed to pay sales tax on your state income tax return for all online purchases that you were not charged tax on. So technically (and legally) you would have to pay that sales tax if you got them from Cotton Babies or someone else out of state.

;)

fouradss 04-29-2006 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by treecitydiapers
Technically (and legally) you are supposed to pay sales tax on your state income tax return for all online purchases that you were not charged tax on. So technically (and legally) you would have to pay that sales tax if you got them from Cotton Babies or someone else out of state.

;)

I believe it is called Use tax. Is that correct? Just curious. :giggle: