Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Frustrated please help (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2377)

jjaelovesenglish 04-29-2006 04:33 PM

Frustrated please help

DH and I finally decided to do the cloth diaper thing. I originally bought cloth diapers but wound up selling them because we didn't use them, now we have a change of heart.
We like the fuzzi bunz right now after doing prefolds with diaper pins, & Happy Hieny's (can't find the right insert for these.)
My problem is finding the right insert. I like the microfiber inserts that came with the FB, and I have been using prefolds with the HH, but they seem to wick. I wanted to buy some Joey Bunz (I like the idea of hemp) but it seems as though I might need two or three for each diaper becuase my little one has a lot of out put right now if you know what I mean. What is a good insert for my little one??
I tried to buy somethings off of here but everyone seems to want funded paypal which I am just not that trusting with the bank and/or computers having that info all at once.
What do I do?

marymom 04-29-2006 04:38 PM

Re: Frustrated please help

i have tried quite a few inserts and have found that i LOVE cottonbabies inserts, they work wonderfully for fuzzibunz and happy heiney's pocket dipes. :thumbsup: and i have a super soaker too!! :giggle:

mommy2zander 04-29-2006 04:46 PM

I have been really happy with the microfiber towels from walmart & sams... they are dirt cheap, 73 cents each at walmart (the size of a small when trifolded) & 50 cents each at sams including the up-charge from not being a member (the size of a large when trifolded)...

hemp is trimmer, but a lot more costly, usually around $4.00 even with a coupon and a deal for buyin in bulk!

kthoelen 04-30-2006 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marymom
i have tried quite a few inserts and have found that i LOVE cottonbabies inserts, they work wonderfully for fuzzibunz and happy heiney's pocket dipes. :thumbsup: and i have a super soaker too!! :giggle:

:yeahthat: I LOVE Cotton babies inserts. I have tons of them and only use a couple as I am not crazy about pockets. If you want pm me and I could sell you a couple (I would take a mo since you don't like pp) They have been washed and maybe used or not(not sure which ones are used and which ones aren't!!) That way you could try them b4 buying a bunch of them. LMK

Kerri

DiaperJunction 04-30-2006 05:23 AM

Happy Heinys makes a microtery insert that fit the HH perfectly and work quite well.

I have the best luck with either the HH hemp stuffin or HH microterry when using the HH because they fill the pocket.

imommy 04-30-2006 05:39 AM

For my HH I use a Cottonbabies insert and a Joey Bunz. If you don't want to buy something off of here with PP, ask around to see if anyone will sell them to you with a money order (like a previous poster said) or you can buy them new from a company who will take a credit card. They are more expensive that way but more secure if you want to use your CC. Also, I use prefolds in my HH all the time and they have never wicked. Are you folding them right? I have a boy and trifold and then fold a little under in the front in his wet zone and it works like a charm every time, alot of times even better than the CB or JB inserts.

Choose2bgr8 04-30-2006 07:10 AM

I take a hemp insert and wrap it in a store bought gerber prefold or a microfiber towel.

hlahickman 04-30-2006 08:39 AM

My son is not a heavy wetter so prefolds have worked for us in the past, but I'm ALL ABOUT the cottonbabies inserts! They work SO well.
BUT no matter what I put in our HH we had problems, so I just decided that HH don't work for us.
Have you tried the mf inserts that came with your fb in your hh?
if that works, then get some more mf inserts. If not, I have some hemp that I'd part with and I'd take a check or MO. PM me if you're interested.

hfitz5051 04-30-2006 09:03 AM

I use micro fiber towels, tri folded. At night I add a hemp insert with the towel.

akrab 04-30-2006 09:19 AM

I dont use pockets on dc5 because they just dont work for him but my dc4 was a super soaker when he was in cloth and the only thing that worked for us was a chinese prefold wrapped around a joeybunz.