Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Snap EZ vs. FF vs. FB fit (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=23837)

jjaelovesenglish 07-20-2006 06:59 PM

Snap EZ vs. FF vs. FB fit

Okay ladies, I usually use FB mainly because I found them on sale. My DD is 20 lbs and long and thin I think. Fits really well in medium FB. Rachele and FF is going to make me some FF pockets, but I have never tried one. I just got some used Snap EZ pockets size M and the fit is terrible on DD. I know many mamas rave about Snap EZ, but for DD the thighs are a little tight and the waist is too loose. I am wondering if maybe I have the wrong size? The Medium FB will probably last me another 9-12 months the way she has been stedily growning, unless she outgrows the rise first. Anyhow, the way that the Snap EZ would fit would be on the tightest snaps along the waist on the loosest snaps on the thigh, it just doesn't look right, and doesn't seem to fit her right either.
My question is this. What size should I tell Rachele to make my FF dipes? I just don't know anymore. I thought I knew the answer until I tried the Snap-EZ but it just doesn't seem right.
Thanks ladies for any input you have on this.

a_cthelen 07-20-2006 07:04 PM

Re: Snap EZ vs. FF vs. FB fit

I would take DD's measurements and give those to Rachele. She can help you out with sizing. Just my suggestion...:)

momovthree 07-20-2006 07:07 PM

Well I haven't used Snap-EZ but I have the other two. We're in between the medium and large FBs right now so I've been grabbing my FFs way more. She can make a medium long, I would try that if you are deciding between medium and large. I think the large would be too big for a 20 pounder who is on the lean side. The regular medium is getting a bit short in the rise for us. My son can wear both the medium long and large, he's on the chunky side. :mrgreen:

SarahJane 07-20-2006 07:45 PM

I'll be able to tell you soon. I ordered a medium long. My son is in a FB petite on the tightest waist and the second tightest leg. He's 15 months old and very long and lean. We outgrew the mediums around 13 months in the rise only. He wears a SNAP-EZ large on the tightest setting for both the leg and the waist. I probably could have done a SNAP-EZ skinny large, but didn't because I'm hoping they will take me until PL. The measurements for the medium long are very similar to a petite FB which is just a longer medium.... Hope that makes sense.

jjaelovesenglish 07-20-2006 11:58 PM

Measurements are a good idea if I could only find my cloth measuring tape.

Hayley 07-21-2006 12:01 AM

Noah is 1 and very skinny the rise on the med is kinda low on him but the med long is perfect! I would get a med long you can't really go wrong with it!

You will love love love your FF I am in love with them I am really going to sell off my FB to get more FF!

HTH

ETA that noah is 20lbs as well and fits his FB with the top snaps at the tightest setting and the second tightest on the bottom. We tried PT FB and they were wway way loose in the legs. I don't think the med is close to the same as FB PT but Noah is a skinny legged kid 10" round!

again HTH

shandi 07-21-2006 12:11 AM

I would say that a medium FB and a medium FF fit about the same, I have both and ds is just growing into them both at the same time.

The medium Snap-ez fit quite a lot sooner though, almost 2 months sooner. The mediums on these fit quite small I find. Ruth at Snap-ez told me that once you get to the last snap setting on the legs that you are ready to fit into the skinny large. So I don't know if those would work for you...the tummy opening on the medium is 13-20 inches, and is the almost the same as the SL 13-22 inches.
Depends if you like the whole low rise thing as well.

HTH!