Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Is it normal... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238936)

peanutsmama 10-01-2007 07:37 PM

Is it normal...

that for the last 4 weeks or more my stomach has not had any visible signs of growing? Does that mean that the baby is not growing?

I am starting to stress about this. :cry: I am really small for being 27 weeks.

I have pictures if anyone would like to see. I take one a week.

smielebehappyjennifer 10-01-2007 09:42 PM

Re: Is it normal...

If you are worried I would bring it up with your MW or OB. They can check the heartbeat and they should be measuring you. I actually always measured small and looked small. Then I had a 8 lb 12 oz baby. So try not to worry and just have your Dr/MW check you out. Good luck!!

ClothDiaperingMama 10-02-2007 02:42 AM

I don't think the size of your tummy equals the size of your baby. Do you still feel movement, kicking, etc? I was very small with my first and she weighed
7lbs.13ozs. They said she would weigh 5lbs.. maybe 6 if I were lucky.
I would definitely talk with your ob/midwife about it. Maybe an u/s is in order if you haven't had one already? They do those at 20weeks to check growth, etc.

I know it is hard not to worry, but definitely call your doctor and ask. Did you mean you were measuring small with getting your uterus measured? I was thinking you meant just "looking" small.

Keep us posted and definitely call your doctor with any concerns or questions. It sometimes just helps to go in and get checked out.

jls~Kain~Drake 10-02-2007 08:26 AM

At 37 weeks I was suddenly measuring smaller/not growing and they did an emergency u/s to check things out. Almost 2 weeks later I had a very healthy, almost 8lb baby boy :)

Size of your belly doesn't necessarily indicate the size of the baby.

I would bring up all concerns to the ob/mw though.

golgi 10-02-2007 08:53 AM

I am pregnant with twins and I remember back around 24-28 weeks I felt like my belly wasn't getting any larger at all. Even pics DH took of me each week looked exactly the same. Then, I suddenly hit like 30 weeks and BOOM, it was like this huge growth spurt.
I guess the belly size/shape can change depending on the position of the baby. I would ask your Ob just for reassurance but I'm sure you are fine. :goodvibes:

People still tell me that I don't look like I'm having twins... I'm 34 weeks with two 5 lb babies in there! :smiley_haha:

xDanielax 10-02-2007 09:27 AM

Dont worry I was the same way..At 27 weeks I could actually still hide that I was pregnant.I STILL dont wear maternity clothes. Well partly because I refuse to and the styles these days looks like maternity anway. Wait a week or two. Im 32 weeks now and Ive blown up. Your belly doesnt affect the size of your baby. Within the next two weeks depending on your doctor you should be able to see him every two weeks. They measure your uterus so if something was wrong he would let you know. You look a healthy normal size to me. :goodvibes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by peanutsmama (Post 1878045)
that for the last 4 weeks or more my stomach has not had any visible signs of growing? Does that mean that the baby is not growing?

I am starting to stress about this. :cry: I am really small for being 27 weeks.

I have pictures if anyone would like to see. I take one a week.

xDanielax 10-02-2007 09:28 AM

Oh and I forgot to add Id love to see pics!

Steve's Wife 10-02-2007 11:15 AM

And on the other side I was ALL belly. It was HUGE. and I had a 7 pound baby. But yeah, bring it up to the OB and they can do the measurements.

Mirasmom 10-02-2007 11:17 AM

I'm sure when you go for your appt your fundus will be perfect!! If you're too worried call your doctor just for peace of mind- it never hurts.

mommytaylor 10-02-2007 12:27 PM

Heh, I was in your boat. I am 33 weeks and here's the belly:

http://img409.imageshack.us/img409/8...ture213ah6.jpg

Doctor had to move up the due date cause he was TOO big - so your tummy size isn't an indicator of baby size :thumbsup:

I don't wear maternity clothes and 9 our of 10 people either don't think I am pregnant and want to argue with me about it or think I'm like 2 months along at max.