Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Got my diaper with MARKER on it! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24065)

HisFadedStar 07-21-2006 02:44 PM

Got my diaper with MARKER on it!

Ok, I got a diaper from a WAHM and after a very long wait, it came with MARKER all over it. I was told by some people here that it was a marker that would come out in water and they use it to mark their place with embroidery and stuff.

Well its on the 2nd wash, and its still not out. I even scrubbed it with a toothbrush and a little detergent. How much more water do I need to waste and make my electric bill go up? What do I do? Do I use hot water? The diaper embroidery also has loop holes coming out of the embroidery. Is this normal? Like little threads coming out all over the diaper creating little loops. I am about to CRY, I LOVE the diaper, but am so disappointed with the condition.:cry:

masonite 07-21-2006 02:46 PM

Re: Got my diaper with MARKER on it!

That's definitely not normal.

The water soluable marker that they use for sewing should come off immediately in the first wash. (At least in my experience it always has.)

Definitely get ahold of the WAHM and let her know ASAP. I'm sure she'll be good to work with about it.

:( I'm sorry mama! Good luck!

Hayley 07-21-2006 02:46 PM

Does it look like the thread skipped when it was sewn?

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 07-21-2006 02:48 PM

I'm sorry, i hope that mama fixes it and sends you another for trade for it:hugs:

HisFadedStar 07-21-2006 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noahs_mommie
Does it look like the thread skipped when it was sewn?

No, the embroidery is fine and it doesnt look skipped, there are just little thread loops coming out and then going back into the embroidery.

masonite 07-21-2006 02:49 PM

Take pics of it and email them to the mama. I'm sure she'll work something out with you!

MomsHelpingMoms 07-21-2006 02:50 PM

I would definitely say something, she might not know and could be using a marker that claims to be water soluble. From my experience though, even the dress makers pencils don't come off of PUL when I've used them-hence why I don't use them anymore! She might not know is all I'm saying. She should be willing to work with you though IMO.

Samantha 07-21-2006 02:54 PM

Yes I agree....contact the WAHM. I am an embroidery wahm, but I cant picture what you are saying by little loops coming out, but the design is ok... :headscratch: maybe I just need a nap cause its not "clicking" :giggle:

I am thinking maybe the wahm got a batch of "water soluble" pencils and they arent. I got some a while back and the pink one ISNT water soluble...I learned that the hard way :banghead: SO I never use it now.

My guess is maybe she doesnt know?

Just email her and tell her that you arent happy with your item.

aimeemarie 07-21-2006 03:04 PM

I am confused. Wasn't there a thread about this?

monkeytoesmama 07-21-2006 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aimeemarie
I am confused. Wasn't there a thread about this?

yeah that. :headscratch: what happened to the other thread?