Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   seconds? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24194)

lutgen 07-22-2006 12:19 AM

seconds?

My first post - ahhh.... I have bought almost my entire stash through here - with one trip to the co-op, one at babycottonbottoms, and another through craigslist....

Anyway...
I saw that one mama has bought seconds of FB. Has anyone else? What do you think of them. $10 is a great price... but not worth it if they don't work.

Input?

beenwaitingalongtime 07-22-2006 01:17 AM

Re: seconds?

Yes, the ones from the FB factory store are perfectly functionable. They just have very minor, usually unnoticeable cosmetic flaws.

Psychomom 07-22-2006 03:49 AM

Well, I was going to purchase some FB seconds...I own one already (purchased used) and it's totally fine, but then I heard of some mamas complaining that the seconds they got had long/short elastic issues, making the FBs either too big or too small for the size they got. It would have sucked to end up with FBs that my son couldn't wear, so I decided not to chance it and bought used instead.

Hayley 07-22-2006 09:52 AM

I totally think they are fine I bought 17 at all at different times BUT I highly recommend it. they are great and if you get one that is not a good fit you could sell it here as new and tell the mommas it is for a chunkier baby!

BTW was I the momma who you saw bought the 2nd? I am always raving about them!

Luvmybabies 07-22-2006 09:54 AM

I bought some FB seconds and they are great - can't even tell that they are seconds myself. For $10 a piece its a great deal :)

rowynne 07-22-2006 11:10 AM

I bought some seconds last month (4) one DID have no snaps on one wing but when I emailed them, they sent me a new one right away, like it arrived within days! One has elastic a bit longer but they all still fit dd really well (i bought petites BTW for my 24# dd)

sunshynemama 07-22-2006 11:15 AM

I had a bit of a different experience. I use all 5 that I bought, but I won't buy more. 3 of them came with tight elastic in the legs, 1 was super narrow through the crotch, and the leg elastics were different (and it had a hole in the PUL near the snap), and the last seems normal sized compared to my firsts. All 5 also had stitching issues with the leg casings.

I guess that's why they called them seconds tho. And I still use them, I just didn't think they were worth $10 plus shippping. Especially cause I bought a 12 pack from earthybirthymama.com for $152 w/ inserts and shipping.

OneFabMama 07-22-2006 11:47 AM

I bought 3 at the last 2nd sale and I havent used them much because I bought PT and they dont fit great. But, I can hardly tell why they are 2nds. When I have used them I havent had any issues at all.

mom2hancj 07-22-2006 11:48 AM

I have two and they work great. You can't tell that it is a second on one of them and the other one is narrow in the crotch area but still works fine.

I would like the link for these again if anyone has one. Thanks.

amyers 07-22-2006 12:20 PM

I got five from an auction a while ago (it included inserts) . . . I have found the "flaw" in most of them. . . one has a hole in the fleece, one has wiggy elastic in one leg (it's like they didn't sew the casing, and it doesn't get tight correctly), one has a pen mark (that doesn't show when it's on). . . They all function (though one of these days dd is going to poo in that one with the funky elastic. . . ) and I'm glad I didn't pay $15 each + insert . . . If you don't need "perfect" dipes, and still want something new for your babe, go for it! I think you just have to be realistic - you're buying something that they weren't able to sell as a "first" quality dipe. . .:2cents: