Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What is your favorite nb diapering system for large babies? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24230)

Adamsmama 07-22-2006 09:38 AM

What is your favorite nb diapering system for large babies?

My first son was 8lbs at birth and my second was close to 10 pounds! We are ttc again and I've been thinking of what to get for are nb stash this time.

What was your favorite diaper or system if you had a large baby? I'm thinking of trying this time: FunOrganic NB Fitteds, Swaddlebees NB Fitteds, Heiny Huggers NB Fitteds, maybe FB XSmall, prefolds, Bumpy night covers, wool and fleece....

The xsmall FB didn't fit fore more than 10 days on my 2nd son who was off the charts for the first few months. We only used prefolds and proraps on my first son--FB smalls didn't fit until he was over 2 weeks old. What are your suggestions? I still have 2 kids in diapers--the oldest is starting to potty learn but hasn't quite gotten the hang of it. I don't want to spend a ton on nb diapers if they end up fitting for only 1 week (but I admint...I love how cute they are!). Suggestions?

blondeviolin 07-22-2006 09:41 AM

Re: What is your favorite nb diapering system for large babies?

We just used xsmall FBs and she just outgrew them. At that point, I'd say just get a few prefolds and wraps and then just a FEW cute dipes, kwim?

DiaperJunction 07-22-2006 09:43 AM

Prefolds and covers mostly =) My DD Rachel was 9.15 at birth and fit the infant prefolds for about 10 weeks or so (snappied, would've gone longer if I tri-folded)

I haven't used any kind of pockets or fitteds on a newborn yet. Give me a few days to pop out this baby and I can let ya know ;-) My stash for new babe is mostly prefolds, a few happy heinys, an xs fuzzi bunz, a sb fitted, a kissaluv 0 and a little beetle.

Adamsmama 07-22-2006 09:47 AM

Melanie,
Today is your due date!!! :) Can't wait to see some photos of your new little girl.

I think DH doesn't really want to use prefolds again (he did fine when DS1 came but has gotten spoiled because we only use FB or fitteds around here now). Maybe I'll get a doz Small FB and just a couple of nb diapers. I used fitteds and wool and 2 xs FB last time, and like I said, he grew very very quickly (I was shocked at how big he was!).

blondeviolin 07-22-2006 09:55 AM

Abby was also 8lbs at birth. Sounds like you could have some FBs for him. :)

DiaperJunction 07-22-2006 01:00 PM

Actually its tomorrow, I need to change my sig. Either way, she ain't coming til the middle or end of the week. 3 of my 4 kids have been late, I expect nothing different. *pout*

Adamsmama 07-22-2006 01:09 PM

I know what you mean--both of mine have been 7 days late and I wouldn't ever expect to go on my due date or before. (Maybe that is why I have such big babies?!)