Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   oh no! another girl???? you must be so upset! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246367)

3rockstars 10-11-2007 10:34 PM

oh no! another girl???? you must be so upset!

Does that bother anyone?????????:yuck: 'Cause it really bothers me! I have gotten this response from EVERY SINGLE PERSON who has asked me what I'm having. And when I respond that actually I'm really really happy to be expecting my 3rd girl, they look at me like I"m this brave little soldier tryign to be content with what I have. Like my girls are a disappointment. That really really makes me mad. I only wanted 3. I LOVE having 2 girls. I'm SO excited to be having a third girl to join her big sisters. I absolutely adore my little sister, not a day goes by when we don't speak even though we live 6 hours apart. And I can only hope that my girls are that close to each other. I'm THRILLED to be expecting another girl. And truthfully, I dont' know how to react to nay-sayers. I think everyone just expects that I was trying for a son and am devastated. My husband and MIL are upset of course so that doesn't help. But it just bothers me. My girls are such a blessing. I dont' think I'd know how to handle a son.

Sweet_Fantasy_Fox 10-11-2007 10:36 PM

Re: oh no! another girl???? you must be so upset!

I'm sorry people are acting like that:hugs:

CrunchyMama0607 10-11-2007 10:38 PM

cant say ive been there but wanted to offer hugs. :hugs: :hugs: im sorry theyre acting like that~every baby is a blessing no matter what the gender. :goodvibes:

stayinhomewithmy6 10-11-2007 10:39 PM

That would drive me nuts, too. But, you're so happy, try not to let them get to you too much, mama!

4boys1girlforme 10-11-2007 10:39 PM

I'm right there with you mama! I've had my 3 boys and I love them to pieces- I don't know what I'd do with a little girl. I would like to have a girl but the thought makes me a little nervous- kwim?
Think of all the money you'll save on hand me downs!
They can share a room- I'd have loved to have a sister- never mind 2!

piccolo41099 10-11-2007 10:40 PM

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
I KNOW how you feel. I have 4 boys.
People say the same thing to me, but about the boys.:goodvibes:

urchin_grey 10-11-2007 10:42 PM

That's not very nice. I hope people don't say that in front of your other girls. :( I was the oldest of 5 girls and every time someone would go "OMG another girl???" with a horrified look on their face, it would make me feel like we weren't as good as boys or something.

dirtdartwife 10-11-2007 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urchin_grey (Post 1941311)
That's not very nice. I hope people don't say that in front of your other girls. :( I was the oldest of 5 girls and every time someone would go "OMG another girl???" with a horrified look on their face, it would make me feel like we weren't as good as boys or something.

:hugs: :hugs: My oldest knows this feeling all too well because my sadistic idiotic MIL has been RAVING this entire pregnancy because we're "finally" having a boy... than again, I hate having her telling me "Now you'll know what being a mom is all about now that you're finally having a boy." (Like I don't already know having three children???)

I try to remind myself that stupid people are around only because it's illegal to kill them. And it's not my fault they're stupid.

But lots of hugs to you mama! I've got three girls and it's AWESOME!!! (ok, MOST days are awesome... but you get the idea! :hugegrin:)

However... if you want a response... tell them "No, why should I be upset, are you?"

Happywillow 10-11-2007 10:50 PM

I totally understand! We have two girls and a boy on the way. I would have loved 3 girls (and am a bit scared of what to do with a boy!:lostit: ) but I HATE it when people say, "Oh, I bet you're glad you finally are having a boy." or, "Your husband must be so glad." Whatever. He really wanted 3 girls too! Someone even told him, "Once you have a boy, you'll understand the love God has for his son." ??????????? :headscratch: So god doesn't love girls? Sigh.

madebytrudi 10-11-2007 11:17 PM

I hear that one AAAALLLLLL the time! Worse for DH because he had 6 daughters before getting the 2 sons! Lotsa guys would tease him "what? you don't know how to make a boy yet?"

Absolutely, "stupid people should not breed" is the saying we had in the navy!

I got so tired of "so . . . what are you having?" . . .
" ummmmm. . . . I'm having a human baby!" That would get strange looks . . ! LOL!