Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   *added a TMI question* Heading to the hospital... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=246504)

mommytaylor 10-12-2007 07:59 AM

*added a TMI question* Heading to the hospital...

but hopefully not to give birth :blush:

Called my doctor's nurse today and updated her:

• Lost my mucus plug 2 days ago
  • he has dropped - head down
  • unable to sleep due to discomfort
  • extreme headache since 4:30am
  • cramping or contractions (I can't tell the difference, I'm such a novice) since last night - gotten more intense today but not more than 1-2/hr about 30-45 seconds long

I asked her for advice, she asked me to come in :laugh: Said with the weekend here, it'd be good to see me prior to the weekend...

I've been trying to check my cervix and last night I was pretty sure it was maybe 1cm or so, but not positive (so much for knowing my own body)... but it was sure paper thin and I could feel his head (awesome, btw :lostit: )

Anyway, DH is coming home (after I got all hormonal and emotional on him this morning and was a witch) to take me for a 1:30 appt today. Wish for healthy results... and while you're wishing, wish this headache away!! :yuck:

TMI question: :blush:
DH and I DTD last night...will that be a problem for a cervical exam if he does one? My doctor always asks "have you had intercourse in the last 24 hours?" but by my readings, the big factor there is semen that would contribute to abnormal discharge... but since we used a condom that's not a factor?

JnSAlger 10-12-2007 08:10 AM

Re: Heading to the hospital...

Hope things turn out the way you want them! Sound like me the week before Cobbe was born.

MamaToBe84 10-12-2007 09:49 AM

Re: *added a TMI question* Heading to the hospital...

i think maybe they just want to know if you've DTD in 24 hours so they can make allowances for that, ya know? Just be honest, and gooooood luck!!!

Stay in there baby!!

hungrytree 10-12-2007 09:56 AM

I don't think it will be a problem, just tell'em if they ask :thumbsup:

FrmrsDhtr 10-12-2007 02:22 PM

I hope everything is ok. Sounds like your body is gearing up for delivery.

ClothDiaperingMama 10-12-2007 02:51 PM

Good Luck Mama!!!:hugs:

I would just tell them too. It used to embarrass me when they would ask, but DH refused to use "protection" since I was already pregnant and they could always tell.:blush: :laugh:

I hope they give you something for your headache! I would definitely ask for something! When I have gone into labor on my own, I didn't feel actual contractions.. I felt "sick". Like I didn't feel well, etc. I just had this weird feeling. Anyway.. I hope you get some answers!
Please don't forget to update us!! We care about you Mama!:hugs:

piccolo41099 10-12-2007 02:59 PM

Any updates????

Hope you and the baby are doing good.:hugs:

Mommy2JJ 10-12-2007 03:58 PM

Hope you're okay!

I have a question why would anyone use protection when your pregnant, I don't get it :headscratch: .....is there a reason??

jls~Kain~Drake 10-12-2007 05:54 PM

Some people don't like the cleanup factor.

fouradss 10-12-2007 07:48 PM

Hope everthing is fine... I'll be watching for an update!