Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Lack of Excitement? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24657)

Shannon 07-23-2006 10:06 PM

Lack of Excitement?

Is it just me or has anyone else experienced a less intense amount of anticipation/excitement in subsequent pregnancies following your first? I remember with my first baby every thought I possessed was about my baby. I drempt about her, thought about her, talked about her. I was on a cloud all about baby for a LONNNg 40 weeks. Number two was not as much but still quite a bit. The naming game wasn't as much fun. Now with Number 3...we're hitting 21 weeks and have hardly touched names. I think about my baby everyday, but I don't dwell on her. I have the other kids keeping me busy, I have more things going on. I just don't sit and fatisize about her. I feel kinda bad, like you know that saying that says "the first baby gets new pictures every month, the second baby hardly ever gets update pictures, and the third baby doesn't even get it's footprints on the birth certificate"...well I dont' want to short her out...but I guess I kinda am. I'm sure when she gets here things will be so much different. But my frame of mind is just in a different place with this pregnancy versus others. Anyone else feel the same? Ever?

deejahd 07-24-2006 03:04 AM

Re: Lack of Excitement?

I feel exactly the same way! And, I feel guilty for feeling this way. Most of my thoughts about this little guy is how it's going to affect DS and our routine or how I'm going to find the time and energy for both. It doesn't help that DH has been gone during the weeks for the past 5 months, he's always the one excited about the pregnancy and talking/singing/reading to my tummy. So, at least with my 1st DS hubby was always the one that kept me excited and focused on the babe. I guess this is just part of having mutiple children.

GrowingUpMad 07-24-2006 05:32 AM

Not me!! I am like an estatic freak or something. I talk to this baby far more than the others (dh is constantly rolling his eyes). Maybe because I am home, with ds I was in school and with dd I worked full time. Or maybe it's because with the others I was scared to death (teenager with ds and I was told dd wouldn't survive). No idea why but I am just simply on cloud nine. Last pregnancy I was very disconnected and felt very guilty about it. In the end though I cried just the same to see my little girl born. I know life is busy so don't feel bad about not constantly thinking about the baby, you will get excited and you will have the same love and feelings for #3 as you did with #1.

As for the keeping up thing ~ I totally agree. Ds has foot print cards and with dd we asked then forgot to remind them (apparently they don't do this anymore unless asked). Both of the kids have a bunch of pics from NB - 1 or so, after that we slack a bit but I still aim for 2-3 times a year. Ds has a baby book that goes from birth - like 3 years old, dd's is the first year (I figured I could handle that). Life makes you busy, that you can't really change. So long as you love them equally that is all that matters.

Shannon 07-24-2006 11:37 AM

LMBO...I don't even have a baby book for DD#2 and DD#1's is hardly filled out.Opps

myajdw 07-24-2006 12:49 PM

hehe same here...ds1 is done up to a year and ds2...well that doesn't exsist right now lol. niether have had pics done in a LONG time, last time i tried with ds 1 he cried his butt off so we just left and have never gone back lol. i keep saying i'm going to do it and we just haven't lol.

shannon i do feel the same way though, i'm super excited some moments and then others i feel disconnected somehow. i'm also not really used to still being pg so that could be part of it w/me, i just feel like he should be here already and i want my body back. as selfish as that may sound i do, i'm getting pretty uncomfortable and just want to be able to lay down and not have all my blood rush to my head or get a migraine. i love feeling him move though...when it's not painful lol. at any rate...yeah shannon i feel ya lol.

Radish4ever 07-24-2006 02:38 PM

I've been a lot less excited, but I think that's just temporary... I've been SO TIRED and I think that has a loooot to do with it. I haven't even taken many pics of my DD1 lately or messed w/her baby book and usually I'm good at at least putting the bare minimum of effort into that. LOL