Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   How do you use your cloth wipes.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24659)

blessed3times 07-23-2006 10:19 PM

How do you use your cloth wipes....

:giggle: Of course I know how to use a wipe! I was just wondering how some of you prefer to wet them. Do you just wet them as you need them or do you store them in something (like a baby wipe container) with some kind of solution? Just wondering what others do. I have just been wetting them as I need them, but that is getting kinda old.

Thanks for any input!!!

nothing_butt_cloth 07-23-2006 10:25 PM

Re: How do you use your cloth wipes....

I keep my wipes dry in a basket behind the toilet. That way all my kids can use them. And i wet them with warm water when i need one...

mama23boys 07-23-2006 10:29 PM

i keep them in a basket on the counter next to a wipes warmer and in that i keep a solution of dixie drops if im in the mood or i just wet as we go!

ShannaMarie 07-23-2006 10:33 PM

I keep them dry in a huggies wipes tub, and wet with a squirt bottle of solution as needed.

I keep them in a small travel huggies case dry with a smaller wipe solution bottle in the diaper bag.

christiansmom 07-23-2006 10:57 PM

Mine are dry next to my wipes warmer which currently has Baby Bits in it. I wet as needed. Baby Bits are nice but I really want to try some Dixie Drops.

clothdiaperoutlet 07-23-2006 11:02 PM

I keep most of mine dry next to a bottle of baby bits. But I keep 4-5 wet at a time in an old Huggies box. That way I always have some ready to go and they're easy to use before they get stale. And I have plenty of extras right there if I need a lot!

beenwaitingalongtime 07-23-2006 11:21 PM

I'm WAY too lazy to wet as I go...and I like the process of wetting the wipes in a bowl w/ warm solution, squeezing them out, then folding them into halves. I split them between a sposie travel container for the diaper bag, a sposie container in our bedroom (for nightime changes) and keep them in the wipes warmer in the nursery (which I've unplugged for this week, as our house is 98 degrees!) I soak the warmer pad in the solution, too, but squeeze it out a bit, or it makes the wipes really wet over time. Using my solution (Burt's Bees apricot oil, baby wash, TTO and lavender EO) or Dixie Drops in boiled water, I find the wipes stay plenty fresh for a few days. On laundry day, if I haven't run out of wipes (which I usually do) I collect the remaining ones from the containers and wash them.

HappyCDMamainWI 07-23-2006 11:48 PM

I keep about 10 folded in half and wet in an empty huggies wipe box. I have a stack of dry ones folded in half on the shelf. When I run out I grab another small stack and squirt them with the peri bottle I got from the hospital of wipe solution that I also keep in the wipe container.

Did that make sense? It's gettin late. ;)

Bare Bottom Gear 07-24-2006 12:03 AM

dry then wet as needed

GrowingUpMad 07-24-2006 04:48 AM

I keep them dry with a water botle filled with water or wipe solution and wet as I go. If I am out and about I pre wet them for ease.