Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   PFs-and-wool while out and about? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2470)

alisonsage 04-30-2006 06:51 AM

PFs-and-wool while out and about?

I usually use pockets on DD when we are running errands, etc, but now that we have switched mainly to PFs and some fitteds w/ wool I am thinking about packing the ol' diaper bag with these. It seems rather bulky, though...:headscratch: Also, what do you do w/ a wool cover if it gets damp since you can't really hang it up to air out? Is this maybe not a good idea?

Any tips would be appreciated! Thanks mamas!!!!!!!!!!!!:goodvibes:

kugrinic 04-30-2006 06:54 AM

Re: PFs-and-wool while out and about?

I havent done that yet, well I have brought it to the sitter and she ALWAYS puts the wool in with the wet diapers (grrrrrrrrr), so I dont do it anymore.

Choose2bgr8 04-30-2006 06:59 AM

Jeme? Jemgirl does fitteds and wool 24-7. I do pockets while out too so I can't help, but if you don't find and answer (unlikely), PM Jeme and she will tell you.

MamaZ 04-30-2006 08:27 AM

Not that I really get out much :laugh: but I use wool and flats while out and about. If the wool is damp and I'm at someone's house, I just lay it on top of the diaper bag or put it outside on their porch (usually strikes up the conversation of my wool :giggle: ) If I'm driving around and making lots of stops and the wool is damp I would just keep it in the car to dry. But fortunately I've only had one damp wool :) I use 2 flats on her when we are out and about for extra absorbancy. I try to take along one extra pair of wool and I even keep a pocket dipe in there just in case :)

SageR 04-30-2006 10:15 AM

I use all prefolds and wool, all the time. We haven't been anywhere long distance yet, we usually just go out to do errands and visit friends and such. But what I do is try to have him in knitted wool to avoid compression leaks (I do have wool doublers for our jersey wraps). When I change him I just set the damp cover on the diaper bag until we leave and then place it
inside on top of everything else. But if I stick with the heavier wool or use a doubler we usually don't have to deal with dampness.

FitMommyOf2 04-30-2006 12:58 PM

I just recently started using wool (again) more and more and to air out my wool soakers/shorties/longies I simply use one of those little kid's hangers, those w/2 clips on top and hang the wool up on my hanging shelf. This time it airs out very quick and I never had any probs w/stretching out or anything.

04-30-2006 07:02 PM

I cheat LOL

what I do is if Im heading out and I know it may be alittle while and my DD will be sititng in the car I throw a nylon cover under the wool so she cans tillw ear her longies and wool outfit.

Bridget Riedell 04-30-2006 11:06 PM

I usually pack a couple covers and several dipes just to be safe. When the wool gets damp, I hang it over the back of the passenger seat in my van. By the time I need to change dd again, it's usually ready to use again.

HTH,

Bridget