Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   when do You pack the bag? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=247406)

sharleen (DCDiapers) 10-13-2007 03:23 PM

when do You pack the bag?

Just wondering how prepared you mamas are for birth.
I know somone who packs months in advance... but I am more of the last min packer.
with my last delivery being so fast and not having time to pack everything, I am thinking of having a bag handy a few weeks before.

When do you have your bags packed?

CrunchyMama0607 10-13-2007 03:24 PM

Re: when do You pack the bag?

had them packed at 35wks with dd :thumbsup: i last minute everything but that lol

itsymama 10-13-2007 03:30 PM

I had babies bag packed two months before my EDD give or take , and mine I started about a month before , this time I am itching to get them packed but I still have like 3 months lol , I will probably wait till around a month then pack babies and wait till a lil closer to pack mine and our lil boy's .

philwen 10-13-2007 03:34 PM

I pack around 35 wks, but my last two babies have been born c-section. I usually can't wait to pack!!!

LaQuetta 10-13-2007 05:11 PM

I've never had to pack a bag of my own but I had to for my cousin. My advice would be to pack it close to 35 weeks. She went to the doctor for a check up at 35 weeks and ended up being admitted to the hospital the same day. She didn't have a bag with her and I had a time trying to go back to her pplace to get herr one together. She lived in a apartment complex and the nosy neighbors called the managers when they saw me going in and...a long story. So be prepared sooner than later.

etsdtm99 10-13-2007 05:22 PM

I had the baby's bag packed by about.. 36 weeks. but i didn't pack my back until the night before my water broke (39 weeks 1 day) .. i'm planning to try to get it done earlier this time!

MelDM 10-13-2007 06:10 PM

I never did get to pack a bag with DD. I was sent to the hospital at 31 weeks, not expecting to deliver anytime soon... well turns out I did! So this time I'm probably going to pack around 30 weeks. That way DH can just grab the bags instead of what he "thinks" we need!

xDanielax 10-13-2007 07:43 PM

Im 34 weeks and started packing my bag acouple nights ago and have already filled a small suitcase. I still dont the babies stuff packed yet. I need to pack a few more clothes for myself and some magazines, few more candies(not like I dont have enough):giggle:
Oh and my fiances XBox..he just "has" to have it.

rachaeljohnson 10-13-2007 08:01 PM

well, i am 32 weeks and 3 days and plan on doing it sometime around 35 weeks just to be safe. I do have a list of everything i need and bought all of my mini toiletries. :goodvibes: We are going out of town one last time though so i don't want to pack all the travel stuff and bags yet since i will need them for that trip!

Hopefully that is early enough! ha ha.

mommytaylor 10-13-2007 08:25 PM

3 days ago I went crazy nesting, packed mine, DHs, and the LO's, and insane back labor commenced that night :dunno: Maybe there is something to this nesting thing! Everything is in the trunk (minus my pillow) and DH installed the car seat last night...