Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Prefolds at night? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24750)

blondeviolin 07-24-2006 11:13 AM

Prefolds at night?

I posted this on The Pin, but thought I'd ask here too.

So if I want to trifold a prefold in a cover, and my daughter is about 11-12 pounds and two months old, I should get a small cover (I'm looking at BSWW) and infant prefolds? Could this possibly take us through the night or should I look at getting a snappi and snappi-ing it for night time? Would an infant prefold still work for that? I'm asking because while I'm sure it's normal for her dipes to smell after sitting in 'em for 12 hours, I hear prefolds really cut down on that. I wouldn't need a whole lot because it would just be a nighttime thing.

ETA: If I have to snappi, then maybe I'll get some wool as a cover instead. But I would prefer to just trifold and lay in a cover.

mommypooh 07-24-2006 11:19 AM

Re: Prefolds at night?

Well my child is much bigger than yours but I use 2 prefolds and a wool cover. I trifold one prefold in the middle of the other and then snappi it on and put my cover on. I tried just tri folding and leaving them like that and found I had lots of leaks. But as I said I didn't cloth diaper my child at that size. So I don't know if when they are that small things are different.

havanadaydreamin 07-24-2006 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommypooh
Well my child is much bigger than yours but I use 2 prefolds and a wool cover. I trifold one prefold in the middle of the other and then snappi it on and put my cover on. I tried just tri folding and leaving them like that and found I had lots of leaks. But as I said I didn't cloth diaper my child at that size. So I don't know if when they are that small things are different.

:yeahthat:

I use a premium PF with an infant one trifolded. I also use a fleece liner on top of the infant PF. I use a fleece stacinator cover instead of wool though.

imommy 07-24-2006 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommypooh

:yeahthat: I use a toddler prefold with a trifolded premium.

Ok, I don't know if I'm the only one but I seriously had to LOL :rofl: when you said you've heard prefolds cut down on the stinkiness. Now mind you, I'm not laughing at you. I just find that my pail with prefolds in it is WAY more stinky than the one with the other dipes in it. It doesn't smell as bad in the morning as when I was using VBSN or other dipes for nighttime but it still smells and the prefolds can hold some serious stinkiness from the pee.

I hope you find that it works. We were using an AIO with a trifolded prefold but DS's skin was getting sensitive so switched to using prefolds and wool instead. Works great for us!

blondeviolin 07-24-2006 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by imommy
:yeahthat: I use a toddler prefold with a trifolded premium.

Ok, I don't know if I'm the only one but I seriously had to LOL :rofl: when you said you've heard prefolds cut down on the stinkiness. Now mind you, I'm not laughing at you. I just find that my pail with prefolds in it is WAY more stinky than the one with the other dipes in it. It doesn't smell as bad in the morning as when I was using VBSN or other dipes for nighttime but it still smells and the prefolds can hold some serious stinkiness from the pee.

I hope you find that it works. We were using an AIO with a trifolded prefold but DS's skin was getting sensitive so switched to using prefolds and wool instead. Works great for us!

Hum. Maybe I should just stick with double stuffing a FB then...It works for us. It'd probably be smart to not worry about it if it's working...:blush: