Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Slow service or lost packages? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24898)

tararaboomdeea 07-24-2006 05:06 PM

Slow service or lost packages?

I have been waiting for 3 different fluffy packages from 3 different people. One is some SEZ pockets from a mama here, one is NEW SEZ from Ruth at SEZ and one is my PW that I wont LAST Friday (the 14th) in her stock. Where are they? They all three should have been here last Wed or Thursday and they haven't come :(

I called my PO to ask what I can do because what is odd is that things that were mailed AFTER tham have come, but these 3 packages are MIA. I can't imagine all 3 of them are lost, but stranger things have happend :( The PO said they won't do any kind of tracking until 14 days since they were mailed have passed. Ugh. She said they estimate 3-5 days, but don't guarantee anything for less than 14 days, even with Priority! So what's the point in spending the extra money! Stupid PO! :banghead:

Please reassure me they aren't lost! I'll be so sad and that's a lot of money gone! :yuck:

Watercolor Ponies 07-24-2006 05:52 PM

Re: Slow service or lost packages?

Yeah, the PO has been ticking me off lately too, although they have yet to lose any of my fluff! ( I just dare them!:hehe2: :mad: ) But a couple of weeks ago, I Priority Mailed a BD card to my dad on a Tuesday to get there by Saturday and he didn't get it until the following Wednesday!:banghead: I was so ticked! So I am sure they will come, sounds like the PO everywhere has been super s l o w !

beenwaitingalongtime 07-24-2006 05:59 PM

I haven't had any luck either. My outgoing pkgs. are doing just fine *knock on wood* but an order I placed thru Crystal's Cloth w/ my 1st ever custom dipes never made it past CAN customs and 2 FSOT diapers have been lost since late June! Makes me sad :(

*MamaStacy* 07-24-2006 09:53 PM

I honestly believe that its the post office. I was just talking to a lady yesterday that told me that not only is the post office slow, but the banks have been running slower, too. It took one of my checks 3 1/2 weeks to clear! I dunno if its the summer months or what, but I'd give them more time. :thumbsup:

KnottyLDSMama 07-24-2006 10:01 PM

Aww! I hope you get them! :hugs: I can't imagine how I would feel if a package of mine got lost! I think I'd die.

blondeviolin 07-24-2006 10:19 PM

My packages are taking longer too. :cry:

wbkt8 07-24-2006 10:59 PM

my stuff is very erratic. i have had some packages get "stuck" in the system and take forever to get here and then others from the same place/person etc. go right through. i know they went through an EXTREMELY slow patch back in April/May - everyone was talking about it. i agree - give them more time - i don't think they're lost just slow in coming.

HappyCDMamainWI 07-24-2006 11:22 PM

I hear ya! I have the same thing. The Mama said she mailed them out on a Wed. and this will be 2 weeks. This is from the West Coast. Another Mama in a West Coast state, sent me something and it only took a couple days.

jamiectw 07-24-2006 11:58 PM

Weird things happening for me to. I've received packages mailed on Friday from three different states and got them today but have not yet received a package mailed on Thursday within my own state an hour away. I could have walked there and back 3 times now and gotten them sooner! I'm just praying that it's not lost. And of course it figures that I desperately need those since ds is outgrowing his mediums. :banghead:

kissum 07-25-2006 12:05 AM

Mail is crazy sometimes. I know I send something on Saturday that arrived in Cali today, yet something I send last Monday still hasn't arrived one state away.