Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Pease help-? about the diaper she's going to sleep in (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25296)

Little Bear Momma 07-25-2006 08:34 PM

Pease help-? about the diaper she's going to sleep in

Did I make a huge error in judgement? I just put DD down for the night in a microfiber insert, wrapped in a cpf, layed into a cpf snappied to her. (With a cover too of course.) I'm not using a FB because we're going out of town tomorrow am and I want her whole stash ready and washed to go. So my question is, is the microfiber far enough away from her skin to not hurt her? I'm guessing so, since it's usually only a layer of fleece away...but now I'm freaking myself out. Please advise me! :)

Thanks in advance.

Smiles~Monica

a_cthelen 07-25-2006 08:40 PM

Re: Pease help-? about the diaper she's going to sleep in

You'll be fine, or rather DD will! :) As long as the MF isn't touching her skin, it's all good.

mama23boys 07-25-2006 09:05 PM

:agreed: i do the same thing and ds is always fine!! so your dd will be just fine

Little Bear Momma 07-25-2006 09:18 PM

Ahhhh...the sigh of relief. Thank you mommas! Now she and I will both sleep well. (Gotta say, I only did it because I though it would be fine...I hate overthinking things and freaking myself out. But, better safe than sorry where baby's concerned! :))

lutgen 07-25-2006 09:32 PM

I am still new to this - why can't the microfiber touch their skin? What about the cloth towels? I was sometimes laying those inside a fitted? What is wrong with this?

BambooMama 07-25-2006 09:35 PM

i don't use microfiber since we just use prefolds/fitteds, but out of curiousity, what happens if it IS on the skin? is that a guaranteed rash or something????? sorry for my ignorance if this is obvious.

BambooMama 07-25-2006 09:35 PM

lol. looks like i'm not the only one... posted at the same time!!!

monkeytoesmama 07-25-2006 10:11 PM

I asked basically the same question earlier today. The reply was that micro is rough (can cut your hands???). I don't understand since the micro I have is soft so I'm wondering if there are different types??? I REALLY, REALLY don't know. I always assumed it had something to do with fabric content (polyster or whatever).

Julesmom23girls 07-25-2006 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emma'sMommy
Did I make a huge error in judgement? I just put DD down for the night in a microfiber insert, wrapped in a cpf, layed into a cpf snappied to her. (With a cover too of course.) I'm not using a FB because we're going out of town tomorrow am and I want her whole stash ready and washed to go. So my question is, is the microfiber far enough away from her skin to not hurt her? I'm guessing so, since it's usually only a layer of fleece away...but now I'm freaking myself out. Please advise me! :)

Thanks in advance.

Smiles~Monica

I think she will be fine and if she leaks through all of that you are in serious trouble, haha. I use one CPF and a cover and don't have leaks and I think my Dd is a heavy wetter, but her Pf will be soaked from top to bottom in the morning. have a good night and don't worry, I am sure she will be just fine.

fouradss 07-25-2006 10:50 PM

HUH, I always thought it was because it pulls moisture away and can irritate the skin. I have to admit, I have put them against dd skin (before I knew better), and it didn't do anything except leave the strange pattern on her skin. It was just from her sitting on it though. Her prefolds leave the same little marks when she sits on them.

But anyways your kiddo should be just fine. Glad you will be able to sleep now. I hate when I do that to myself. LOL