Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Pregnancy (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   tell me about evap lines.... (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25431)

jennyofthemoon 07-26-2006 10:04 AM

tell me about evap lines....

So if you take an early test, and the reading time is 5 min, and at exactly 5 min a very faint line shows up is that considered in the time range or not? And can evap lines be colored, or all they always non-colored and more reflective? Thanks ladies!

Being Molded 07-26-2006 10:15 AM

Re: tell me about evap lines....

I would consider it a positive but retest to be sure. If I remember right, the evaporation lines are not colored and they will disappear.

Is it too early to say congratulations:goodvibes:

Severine 07-26-2006 10:16 AM

I'm not an expert, but I highly recommend http://peeonastick.com for help with interpreting tests. They've done a LOT of tests on the different brands and can show you what evap lines look like versus faint positives.

Good luck!!! :goodvibes:

jennyofthemoon 07-26-2006 10:26 AM

Thanks Carrie, I'm going to check it out :)

Yeah, it's way too early....I just had a feeling that I'd be getting my tests in the mail today, so I kept my fmu. I'm not sure though, it's REALLY light, but it's pink not reflective. I'll retest Friday...

OneFabMama 07-26-2006 10:32 AM

Can you post a pic?

jennyofthemoon 07-26-2006 10:41 AM

yeah i tried to but the resolution on my camera is not the best and i lost the book on how to adjust it lol I'm gonna see if dh knows how when he gets home. It's been about an hour now, and the line looks exactly the same, so hopefully I'll be able to get a pic of it...

i shouldn't have even tested, I'm only 8 or 9 days po, but i just had a feeling this was the month...and i haven't had that feeling once in the last two years, except the time i m/c'd.....but this is just making me a wreck.

KuddlyKreations 07-26-2006 10:59 AM

at 8-9 days po it is possible you have a positive. Ive seen ladies as early as 8-10 days po. If it showed in the 5 min window. Then what most likely it is saying is that you do have HCG in your system. But because its such a small amount at this point. It took awhile for the test to react to it. I had a positive like this once and then retested 2 days later to get a good positive. It was one of those that DH could see it but it was sooooooooooo light and it took the entire testing time to show. That you wonder if its for real or what.

Kimmomy2dom 07-26-2006 11:36 AM

Hmmm...yeah I see where it's tricky. I'd probably get excited but in that case I would probably say "Oh, it could be an evap" and take another test later and TRY not to get excited, LOL. Just what I would do anyway! Ohh, and evap lines CAN have color, they are just generally REALLY different color from the control line.
Good luck!

augustgirl69 07-26-2006 11:48 AM

I got a faint second line at 10 DPO (using some cheapie test I bought online) it was so fait I wasn't sure if I was making it up b/c I wnated to be PG so badly :smiley_haha: sso I retested the next day and the line was darker. I was PG - my rule of thiumb has been if you see a second line in under 10 minutes you are PG

*~*~*~*~*~sending you TONS of babydust! *~*~*~*~*~*
((((HUGS)))

Julesmom23girls 07-26-2006 01:02 PM

I agree, any line under 10 min is probably a pos, but I would retest in a day or 2 just to see. Also fmu is the best, so test as soon as you wake up. Anyway, wouldn't that be the a great way to start you day if you have been trying for 2 years. Good Luck mamma.