Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   I got a thank you for CDing today :D (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2549)

riandkymommy 04-30-2006 01:30 PM

I got a thank you for CDing today :D

Around here I find that alot of people think I am really weird for CDing and I get alot of strange looks from people and lots of "why would you do that when there is Huggies?" And "they created disposables for a reason" and sometimes it gets so frustrating!! I am very proud of the fact that I CD, but it sucks to always be told how crazy I am!!! But today, while I was in Ottawa dropping my sister off at the airport, well we were actually at the hotel, a lady saw Kyla's new One Mad Giraffe custom and actually came over to me and told me how great it is for me to be CDing and how wonderful I am. She CDed her kids too! It was great to have someone tell me how good it is, instead of just how crazy I am!!! LOL!

Luv2bemommy 04-30-2006 01:37 PM

Re: I got a thank you for CDing today :D

WOOHOOOOOOO!! That's awesome!! Makes ya feel good huh??

Only one here that is ok with cd'ing is my mother, since she cd'ed us she thinks its fabulous!!! Everyone else, including dh is like :yuck: .

MamaZ 04-30-2006 01:45 PM

That's so wonderful!! I had a woman today when I was in Walmart say she thought it was great that moms still cd :)

Jemgirl 04-30-2006 03:12 PM

Yeah, I only get the.....are you crazy? looks/comments!

toryandrew 04-30-2006 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jemgirl
Yeah, I only get the.....are you crazy? looks/comments!

:yeahthat: and :razz: to those who don't get it

jaseyandmallorysmommy 04-30-2006 03:17 PM

:thumbsup:

hollyhobby30 04-30-2006 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toryandrew
:yeahthat: and :razz: to those who don't get it

You crack me up!:lostit:

FancifulFanny 04-30-2006 03:25 PM

That's awesome...and one thank you can hold you through so many of the *you're crazy*s.

vick 04-30-2006 04:34 PM

That's really cool!

When we were at the zoo yesterday, I was changing Isabel on a picnic table and a mom with two kiddos saw me and said "it's great to see someone else who uses cloth". Turns out she had CD'd all three of hers, even at the point where she had three (yowza!) in diapers.

Afterwards I felt bad for not introducing myself to her and seeing if she was a fellow Diaperswapper, too!

Prettylocks 04-30-2006 05:05 PM

That is so cool! The environmental aspect of this whole thing does deserve a thanks! :carrot: :broc: :banana: