Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Just wondering - Were you CDed as a baby? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2550)

riandkymommy 04-30-2006 01:44 PM

Just wondering - Were you CDed as a baby?

I just started thinking about how many of us were babies of CDing mamas.

I was CDed, my mom had 5 kids and CDed us all. There was even times when she CDed 2 of us at a time! Because she only used flats (except with my youngest sister, she used prefolds) she thinks the new diapers are crazy and I spend too much on them!! I can't wait until this summer when she can try out the new ones for the first time!!

Anyone else CDed as a baby?

Emma 04-30-2006 01:56 PM

Re: Just wondering - Were you CDed as a baby?

My mom CD'd both myself and my little sister. She only CD'd my sister for about 9-10 months though b/c that was about the time my parents got divorced, and my mom had to work full-time. No daycare provider would do CDing.

My DH and his brothers were CD'd as well.

*MamaStacy* 04-30-2006 01:58 PM

My mom didn't CD my older brother, but she did CD myself. She said that I would break out in horrible rashes with sposies so she CDed me until I was 8 mos. old and wouldn't break out.

woolfulcomforts 04-30-2006 02:06 PM

yup all 3 us of kids where. and my mom went back to work when i was still little. she pumped on her breaks and then drove to the baby sitters house and dropped the milk off and then back to work..

my sitter also used cloth on me.. flats and i would think just rubber pants.
my mom said they both used wet pail...

rlharp5375 04-30-2006 02:06 PM

I was. I have pictures of it.

Mel 04-30-2006 02:11 PM

I wasn't. Mom used sposies on me and the other 3. She said she hated rubber pants and those prefolds. She likes the new cds though :)

Jenb 04-30-2006 02:13 PM

I think I was born before the advent of the disposable diaper :blush:
So yes, I was-old school of Flats and rubber pants and pins:laugh:
My Mom is fascinated when she the bevy of cloth that I have today.
I was startled the first time she saw my Daughter in wool and said, Wow! What a pretty soaker-I wanted to kiss her :laugh:

stephdpn 04-30-2006 02:13 PM

Yes, I was CD'd, so was my brother and my Dh...but we are almost 30, and both come from working class families where disposables were way too expensive and out of the question! My mom used a wet pail, too, and just flats and plastic pants.

riandkymommy 04-30-2006 02:19 PM

I know my DH was NOT CDed. When his mom found out I did, she told DH (as her and I do not speak, whole other story!) that I was crazy and it was so gross etc. I wonder what she would think when she found out we bought Kyla a dipe with her Easter money:laugh:

leobaby04 04-30-2006 02:38 PM

LOL about your MIL, Katie :laugh:

My mom CD'd my brother and I with pins and rubber pants. She says disposables had just become popular (mid 70s) but she and dad couldn't afford them. I'm glad :giggle: