Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What is your fav. cover and why? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25540)

Menfusse 07-26-2006 03:13 PM

What is your fav. cover and why?

When I first started cd'ing, I just got 1 of a bunch of covers to see what worked best. Of course, the ones I found to be the best were WAHM that no longer makes them and we are ready for a medium :(. Anyway, since then, I am in the same boat that I was starting out. DD is narrow hips and waist, but relativly chunky thighs compared to hips and waist. Although, she is by no means chunky in general. I just haven't found anything that wows me. I do think that I would like wool soakers, and I think I can make recycled one's myself. I just need to get to a thrift store. Anyway, mammas. Give me your favorite covers, whether it bee wool, fleec, pul...whatever...and why. I need some guidance before I go broke trying to find a cover that works for her. I have a BSWW on its way in a small, but I think she is going to be between sizes on that...sm/med. Give me your feedback.

SheilaJoy 07-26-2006 04:16 PM

Re: What is your fav. cover and why?

My tootleshells are my very favorite, but the WAHM doesn't make those anymore, so my next favorite are dancing bears bear bottoms fleece soakers. They pull on like little shorts and nothing in the world gets through them, they're awesome for day or night.

Laniemel 07-26-2006 04:21 PM

I am totally addicted to Wigglewormbottoms. (they need to give me a freakin tshirt or something) Amy does great work. She's got tons of ultra cute fabrics to choose from, tons of inner materials to choose from (microfleece, antipill fleece, suedecloth, velour) and you can get touchtape, aplix, or snaps. I think they fit great. They completely cover whatever diaper dd is wearing but they're not that bulky. Well, the one I have with fleece is a little bulky, but lesson learned. The rest are fantastic. I have, once they get here, 6 of them. Her prices are good and you can send her fabric to use and she takes a little of the price. I do have to say though, I've been eyeing those Jam Tots Berry Plushes....very very nice! Expensive, though.

Menfusse 07-26-2006 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiveblessings
My tootleshells are my very favorite, but the WAHM doesn't make those anymore, so my next favorite are dancing bears bear bottoms fleece soakers. They pull on like little shorts and nothing in the world gets through them, they're awesome for day or night.

OMG! Those were the covers I was talking about being my favorite...Tootle shells. They fit her perfect! We only have smalls and need the medium now. But, alas, she doesn't make them anymore. If you have mediums you ever want tp part with...please let me know!

flowerpotg 07-26-2006 04:32 PM

Tootleshells were my favorite too and DH threw the only one I had away by accident. I;m still mourning and that was three months ago.

Youngatheart 07-26-2006 06:56 PM

I was in your shoes a month ago! My grandaughter is 17 months old, 21 lbs, and has very narrow hips for her size. After searching a few weeks, we finally tried a Bumkins...it was a perfect fit for her shape...and she wears a small. Wools work too, but our favorite non-wool covers are Bumkins. They hold a prefold (infant IPF) in place very well without added "poof" to the rear. A bonus is all the cute prints to choose from.

Hope you find the fit that works for you :)

Rhonda

negrapy 07-26-2006 07:16 PM

we found for waterproof material a bumkins small was a great in between for us. It was working great at 16lbs but was starting to get a little tight just because of where the rise was
we also like dappi pull ons and little beetle wool wrap with aplix is my favorite wool
i like the wool those because you can get it customed or make it yourself like you were talking about

Menfusse 07-26-2006 07:46 PM

I liked how Bumkins looked on her and thought I liked the fit, but they left the most awful red marks on her little legs. So I got rid of those. I think a med. would be too big in the waist and tush. Sigh. The quest continues.

MamaLove 07-26-2006 08:17 PM

Loveybums fit great and are very adjustable for a wide range, and they are easy to find used and cheap. They also work great over unpinned prefolds, and are very trim and leak-proof. My whole stash of covers is Loveybums and homemade recycled wool shorties because this is definately the cheapest and most efficient way I've found. :thumbsup:

Menfusse 07-26-2006 08:50 PM

I like the looks of the loveybums. Thanks. Maybe I will post an ISO. Do they fit over fitteds well? I have plenty of prefolds, but I am kind of discovering the joy of super cute fitteds as well.