Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Breastfeeding Support (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   what nursing pillow did you like? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25564)

myajdw 07-26-2006 05:07 PM

what nursing pillow did you like?

okay so i haven't even really thought about this until recently....with ds1 i did not have one at all....ds2 i had the ORIGINAL boppy not the luxe. what pillows do you like best? do you even like them at all? suggestion please! and know i don't want to spend more than like $25 on one, just b/c i didn't end up liking my boppy lol.

SugarBunsWool&More 07-26-2006 05:10 PM

Re: what nursing pillow did you like?

I have 2 boppys and I wasn't happy with them. If I must have something, a regular pillow will do the trick or I just don't use anything!
So I guess I'll be selling 2 gently used boppys very soon!

beenwaitingalongtime 07-26-2006 05:15 PM

I HATE my Boppy! (Am using it today while my fave pillow washes-yuk! :yuk:) It collapses in the middle now that DD's a little bigger, so she's on a wierd angle. And I HATE how the opening in it is so small--makes me feel more fluffy than I really am!
My FAVE??? The Nuzzle! You can get it at BRU (sorry, didn't notice if you were in the US or not.) It's shaped like a guitar pick, so you can use it for football holds or other. In the football hold, you can pump on the other side at the same time (which you can't w/ the Boppy.) It has a little ledge to keep your little one from rolling off. It's angled to help keep air bubbles near the top for easier burping and the fabric is SO plush (even more than the chamois cover I have on my Boppy from PBK!) I love, love, love it!
The only drawback is that DD"s getting a little big for it now (she's almost 5m and in the 90th %ile for length) and hangs off the end a bit, but at this age, she can lie in my lap and nurse w/o it just fine...
I've told all my friends to take their Boppy off their registry and get this one. It's newer so not heard of much, but it's great!
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index...entPage=search

Lucky Child 07-26-2006 05:53 PM

I LOVE the my breast friend pillow... love love love it.
hate hate hate the boppy

Kimmomy2dom 07-26-2006 05:53 PM

I tried using my boppy with my son and I hated it, too. I think I was too fat or something, LOL! I tried just using regular pillows, but I think I ended up strong-arming it instead.
This time I have a twin nursing pillow, I'll let you know how that works, LOL, but I doubt you'd want one!
Oh yeah, now that Rachel said that: I have a friend who SWEARS by her My Brest Friend pillow. I didn't need one of those this time, but I'd think about it for another singleton.

toryandrew 07-26-2006 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrandle
hate hate hate the boppy

:yeatthat:

For the first son I used a luxe Boppy which was great because I had a c-section.

The second time I went for a VBAC but was not sure if I'd be successful (I was!) so we bought a "My Breast Friend" I barely used it but when I did I liked it more than my Boppy (Although, I missed the velour)

myajdw 07-26-2006 06:22 PM

so it sounds like you all mostly end up using a regular pillow or nothing at all....even whey you do have a nursing pillow. should i just save my $$ for something else?

rebeccah5 07-26-2006 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rrandle
hate hate hate the boppy

:yeahthat: If you're not a skinny mini, MBF pillow really works great. Plus it provides some baxk support. The foam is sturdier than a Bobby, and it doesn't sag or "deflate" with use. BRU has a new one that is similar, except it doesn't have the back support, that would probably be great, too. Especially for travel, IMO.

Prop up your baby with your Boppy. But don't use it for nursing! LOL!

Mom2Taylor 07-26-2006 06:41 PM

:yeahthat: LOVE My Brest Friend. I began with #1 by using the Boppy and hated that thing. A relative gave me her "My Brest Friend" and it made a world of difference....the back support is just great. I didn't even get my Boppy out for this baby yet. I'll save that for propping and tummy time, but definitely won't touch it for nursing.

myajdw 07-26-2006 07:04 PM

lol i gave my boppy away a long time ago