Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   So what does your DH REALLY know about your CDing addiction? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25569)

imommy 07-26-2006 04:27 PM

So what does your DH REALLY know about your CDing addiction?

Just curious if everyone "includes" their DH in their CDing addiction...as in...does he get why you keep getting all these packages in the mail? :blush: :giggle: I don't think my DH truly understands the amount of CDs I've tried, bought, sold and traded. He just laughs when I say "i have to go to the PO." I think he thinks I'm nuts. :smiley_haha:

So what does your DH/SO think of it?

HappyCDMamainWI 07-26-2006 04:32 PM

Re: So what does your DH REALLY know about your CDing addiction?

Everything. I found out last night that paypal notifies both our email accts of transactions. Oops, Busted! He wasnt mad. Just shocked at how busy our paypal acct is.

OneFabMama 07-26-2006 04:32 PM

He is totally cool with it. I had him sitting here with me the other night helping me pick out my fabric choices for my Little Rain dancer customs. He was all into it. :giggle: He uses CDs too - his fave are FB. He even RINSES POOOOO!!!!!!! Actually, he does it ALL the time. I cant handle to do it. If its plop-able and doesnt really need rinsing I can do that but if it needs to be rinsed NO WAY!:yuck: As long as I dont tap into the "real" money ALL THE TIME he doesnt care if I charge a dipe every once in awhile (I did today for the prestons pants lol). He goes to the PO for me too :mrgreen:

ChurchPunkMom 07-26-2006 04:36 PM

He knows. ;) I use "his" pp account, so he knows every time I buy or sell something. He'll often come home from work and say "So.. what'd ya buy today?":giggle: He far prefers cloth over sposies (we used sposies with our first two and for over a year on our third), and is a CDing pro! He rinses the occasional poopy diaper as well, but I don't expect it of him or ask him to do it. :)

Menfusse 07-26-2006 04:47 PM

DH doesn't get it, and unless I specifically say put a cd on her...he will reach for a sposie if they are in the house...lol. He doesn't care though, as long as I use paypal and not the bank account.

KnottyLDSMama 07-26-2006 04:53 PM

I spend more money on fabrics to make diapers than I do on actual diapers. But I get a $20/week "allowance" and I'm allowed to do whatever I want with it (plus any money I make from selling things). I only have to consult with DH if I need to go over that limit, and he's usually pretty forgiving. (I just bought a fitted and some wool from Dragonfly Boutiques and I think he just might be upset, but hey, it was my money!) lol

Kimmomy2dom 07-26-2006 04:56 PM

Sometimes I ask his opinion on what he would want me to get if I'm having a hard time deciding, LOL. I ask him pretty much every time I buy something, but since it comes out of my paypal I'm pretty much just telling him, LOL.
I show him ALL of the diapers I get when he gets home, LOL, I got a BBL today and he goes "Oh, that's cute" LOL

imommy 07-26-2006 04:59 PM

Wow! $20/week is awesome!

My DH dunks poop and goes to the PO too. Can't argue with that. I do most of the poopy dunking and if DS has "mud butt" then I do it so I can get it thoroughly dunked.

Sarah 07-26-2006 05:02 PM

I'm not sure what my DH actually knows. He knows I get a lot of packages in the mail. He knows I go to the PO a lot.
I KNOW that he has no idea how much I spend on diapers. I actually made sure of that by changing the password on the paypal account

masonite 07-26-2006 05:06 PM

He knows, but he doesn't know!

He knew about our initial purchases (obviously) from when we switched to CD's. He knows about most things, but most of the time, he'll see a new diaper and say "When did you buy that?"

"Um, oh, that old thing?" LOL!

He knows about "fluffy mail". He knows that I buy/sell/trade, and that almost everything I buy is with paypal money and not our "real" money. There are a few times that I've just bought (no paypal), some he knows about, some he's doesn't. (Hey, in my defense, he didn't ASK!?!)

He knows of my obsession, and he knows of DS. He mocks me endlessly.

Just for the record, though, he knows how to take care of a poopy cd. He'll dunk, swoosh, and wring with his BARE HANDS! The man is a monster!! It's made me fall in love with him all over again! :laugh: