Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Parenting Talk (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   *Another* vax thread-Need help for aptmt today at 3:30! (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25585)

SugarBunsWool&More 07-26-2006 04:57 PM

*Another* vax thread-Need help for aptmt today at 3:30!

We have so far vaccinated on schedule with Riley but I'm starting to wonder...he's due for his MMR tomorrow and I'm thinking of delaying it. I will for sure delay or just not get his chicken pox one, although it is required for school here, I believe.
What schedules do you follow for your vaccinations and do you have any websites or book suggestions that aren't super biased? I want good information without all the scare tactics or ignoring the facts, kwim???
I'm reading a book by Randall Nuestaedter that I think is very anti-vax. There must be a middle ground with this issue and I'd really like to find it.
Can any one help? I'm not looking for this to turn into something ugly, I'm just looking for some information.
Thanks!

MistyP 07-26-2006 06:48 PM

Re: *Another* vax thread

Sorry, no help here. Let me know if you find one!! Dr Sears has some info on vaxing on his website, but it has been a long time since I read it.

SugarBunsWool&More 07-26-2006 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MistyP
Sorry, no help here. Let me know if you find one!! Dr Sears has some info on vaxing on his website, but it has been a long time since I read it.

Well thank you for replying anyway! I'll go look around on the Dr Sears website. :goodvibes:

scatterbrainedmom 07-26-2006 06:56 PM

you are in texas and nothing is required. you can get vaccination exemptions from austin.

SugarBunsWool&More 07-26-2006 06:59 PM

Re: *Another* vax thread-Need help for aptmt tomorrow

Thanks! That's good to know for when he starts school. Do you have any info on a delayed vaccination schedule or some good sites I can read through? :goodvibes:

momovthree 07-26-2006 07:05 PM

Anyone have the link for requirements state to state?

SugarBunsWool&More 07-26-2006 07:09 PM

I was wrong, tomorrow, Riley is supposed to get-
IPV3, MMR1, Varivax, Prevnar 4, CBC and lead testing
Oh joy! I'm still scouring the web for *good* sites for research on these things.

momovthree 07-26-2006 07:15 PM

I still haven't gotten E's bloodwork done they gave me the script for last month. It's for lead as well.

SugarBunsWool&More 07-26-2006 07:18 PM

Well we'll see how it goes tomorrow at his appointment. I hate to go in there all guns blazing without a shred of information to back me up! I just can't find anything that is fair to both sides, its either scary vaccines will kill your kid or scary not vaccinating is child abuse.
How can anyone make decisions with those choices?

ocfb16 07-26-2006 07:22 PM

I'm looking for the same info as you. My dd turns one in 2 months...I need to be prepared. I am leaning on the no vaxing side but I want some good non biased information.