Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com

Cloth Diapers & Parenting Community - DiaperSwappers.com (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diaper Chatter and Q & A (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Rumpsters? (http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25765)

itsamy9 07-27-2006 10:32 AM

Rumpsters?

Can I have some opinions on these? I am still researching CD and found these. THey seem awesome. AIO but with a pocket. Easy to clean. Seems like this diaper has it all. I hope I havent opened a can of worms here.

:):lostit:

Heidiliz 07-27-2006 11:33 AM

Re: Rumpsters?

I have one and I really like it. It is very absorbant, never leaks, and dries very quickly in the dryer (one cycle). They do have a very low rise, though, and it looks like my ds is wearing a speedo. LOL!

RachelFlores 07-27-2006 11:38 AM

I've used a Rumpsters before and unless they changed the design they do not have a pocket, they have two quick dry flaps attached to the edge of the diaper which they say you can stuff an insert under like a pocket but it would have to be a REALLY thin insert. They fit very trimly and are super cute, but I had a print one and had major problems with wicking, I've heard that the solid colors are better, but they are not a good diaper for heavy wetters. HTH

Heidiliz 07-27-2006 11:45 AM

The one I have is a solid and it's never wicked or leaked. If they didn't cost so much I'd probably get a few more. I'm way too much of a cheapskate to pay over $20 for a diaper. LOL!

navars2 07-27-2006 11:55 AM

The prints are very bad about wicking. They are a nice trim diaper but very low rise (and I have a baby with a high rise). Nice diaper. Does dry very quickly for an AIO. I have added absorbency under the flaps without problem but, it can be an issue because of the rise. I have one of the old style solids and that was better about not wicking so if you really want aio's, this would be a good option if you get the solids.

widdletigger 07-27-2006 12:05 PM

I agree with the low rise statement. DS sleeps in his occasonaly and can go all night with only minor leaks (and we are talking 13 hours here, if he would get up in 12 hours it would be no leaking or wicking) Fast to dry, nice diaper. fits well, but a little low for us.

Severine 07-27-2006 01:32 PM

The ones I had (which I had bought around December 2005) were awesome the first couple weeks. Super absorbancy, they were bulletproof. Then they started wicking and leaking. And according to Rumpsters' website, they may require re-waterproofing periodically (for some reason, after 60 washes sticks out in my mind). IMHO, for that kind of money, you shouldn't have to re-waterproof.

Prettylocks 07-27-2006 01:41 PM

I had to respray my Rumpsters- just the prints. It was no big deal- and well worth it- I got so many compliments and the fit was great- super trim. Do watch out for that low rise though- take your DCs measurements before you buy to make sure you get the right size. :thumbsup:

jjaelovesenglish 07-27-2006 05:20 PM

Not spamming, I promise, but here are some good pictures of what the inside of a Rumpster lookes like, the other is an AIO bloomer.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/jjaelo...m?.dir=3daescd

amyers 07-28-2006 08:16 AM

Well, dd is a low riser, so they work great for us. They are also very absorbent for an aio. And the size range is awesome. We really like them, and like a pp said, if they weren't $25+, we would have more! (I manage to find them once in a while on fsot for $10-12. . . ) I haven't had problems with wicking and prints, but maybe I'm just lucky . . . I also haven't used the most recent ones, just older ones. . .

Ang